DVD-ROM drives suddenly stopped working

jonnycakes15

DVD-ROM drives suddenly stopped working
I recently installed Vista x64 in a dual boot config with XP Pro. A couple of
days ago, I turned on my computer and booted into Vista. I then noticed that,
suddenly, both of my DVD optical drives stopped working (one external USB,
and one internal). They were working fine for the first week and I cannot
think of any changes that I made that may have caused this inconvienence. I
went into device manager and it said that the drivers were disabled - code
32. Please Help!! I do not know much at all about Vista and really need my
drives to work!! -- Jonny
SCSIraidGURU

Re: DVD-ROM drives suddenly stopped working

What did you change? Did you disable the USB and internal interface?
Try unplugging them. Boot Vista and removing them. Shutdown.
Reconnect. Reinstall them in Vista.

--
SCSIraidGURU

Michael A. McKenney
'www.SCSIraidGURU.com' (http://www.SCSIraidGURU.com)

Supermicro X7DWA-N server board
pair of Intel E5430 quad core 2.66 GHz Xeons
16GB DDR667
SAS RAID
eVGA 8800 GTS 640 MB video card
jonnycakes15

Re: DVD-ROM drives suddenly stopped working
I use my computer for audio recording and changes some settings in the
firewall, updates, and power management, but that was a few days before. I
cannot recall changing anything else, especially dealing with USB or IDE. I
have tried uninstalling in device manager and reinstalling and rebooting.
When I try reinstalling, it stops in the middle of installation and says
drivers cannot be installed. As I stated before, it says device drivers were
disabled (code 32) in device manager properties. Thanks for your help.

"SCSIraidGURU" wrote:

> What did you change? Did you disable the USB and internal interface?
> Try unplugging them. Boot Vista and removing them. Shutdown.
> Reconnect. Reinstall them in Vista.
>

> --
> SCSIraidGURU
>
> Michael A. McKenney
> 'www.SCSIraidGURU.com' (http://www.SCSIraidGURU.com)
>
> Supermicro X7DWA-N server board
> pair of Intel E5430 quad core 2.66 GHz Xeons
> 16GB DDR667
> SAS RAID
> eVGA 8800 GTS 640 MB video card

Mick Murphy

Re: DVD-ROM drives suddenly stopped working
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/nl

Above is the link from MS for code 32,e
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia