Lexmark Z515 Printer won't print with Vista

FlBoy55

Lexmark Z515 Printer won't print with Vista
I have a Lexmark Printer which worked with Windows 98. Now it won't work with
my new Emachines computer with Windows Vista Home Premium. I have downloaded
the recommended updates, but all I seem to get is the documents put in the
queue, but does not send to the printer to begin printing. Anyone got any
ideas.
DL

Re: Lexmark Z515 Printer won't print with Vista
http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-per...29:1:0:432:0:0
Install the drivers

"FlBoy55" <FlBoy55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Lexmark Printer which worked with Windows 98. Now it won't work
>with
> my new Emachines computer with Windows Vista Home Premium. I have
> downloaded
> the recommended updates, but all I seem to get is the documents put in the
> queue, but does not send to the printer to begin printing. Anyone got any
> ideas.

FlBoy55

RE: Lexmark Z515 Printer won't print with Vista
It is also a USB plug and play device

"FlBoy55" wrote:

> I have a Lexmark Printer which worked with Windows 98. Now it won't work with
> my new Emachines computer with Windows Vista Home Premium. I have downloaded
> the recommended updates, but all I seem to get is the documents put in the
> queue, but does not send to the printer to begin printing. Anyone got any
> ideas.

FlBoy55

Re: Lexmark Z515 Printer won't print with Vista
I did download the drivers from Lexmark site, but will try again.

"DL" wrote:

> http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-per...29:1:0:432:0:0
> Install the drivers
>
> "FlBoy55" <FlBoy55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a Lexmark Printer which worked with Windows 98. Now it won't work
> >with
> > my new Emachines computer with Windows Vista Home Premium. I have
> > downloaded
> > the recommended updates, but all I seem to get is the documents put in the
> > queue, but does not send to the printer to begin printing. Anyone got any
> > ideas.

FlBoy55

Re: Lexmark Z515 Printer won't print with Vista
I tried it again, but still not printing. Any other ideas. Should I try
removing and re-installing? Windows 98 suggested that in the past. So, does
Windows Vista require the same on such matters?

"FlBoy55" wrote:

> I did download the drivers from Lexmark site, but will try again.
>
> "DL" wrote:
>
> > http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-per...29:1:0:432:0:0
> > Install the drivers
> >
> > "FlBoy55" <FlBoy55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have a Lexmark Printer which worked with Windows 98. Now it won't work
> > >with
> > > my new Emachines computer with Windows Vista Home Premium. I have
> > > downloaded
> > > the recommended updates, but all I seem to get is the documents put in the
> > > queue, but does not send to the printer to begin printing. Anyone got any
> > > ideas.

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Lexmark Z515 Printer won't print with Vista
Check the printer's manual. Some printers need to be off and disconnected
while you install the software. This is usually true of HP printers and
scanners. Just the reverse of a lot of PnP devices.

>I tried it again, but still not printing. Any other ideas. Should I try
> removing and re-installing? Windows 98 suggested that in the past. So,
> does
> Windows Vista require the same on such matters?
>
> "FlBoy55" wrote:
>
>> I did download the drivers from Lexmark site, but will try again.
>>
>> "DL" wrote:
>>
>> > http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-per...29:1:0:432:0:0
>> > Install the drivers

FlBoy55

Re: Lexmark Z515 Printer won't print with Vista
I give up, but will keep returning to see if anyone else has some ideas?
Another driver release for Emachines Computer with Vista.

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Check the printer's manual. Some printers need to be off and disconnected
> while you install the software. This is usually true of HP printers and
> scanners. Just the reverse of a lot of PnP devices.
>
> "FlBoy55" <FlBoy55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I tried it again, but still not printing. Any other ideas. Should I try
> > removing and re-installing? Windows 98 suggested that in the past. So,
> > does
> > Windows Vista require the same on such matters?
> >
> > "FlBoy55" wrote:
> >
> >> I did download the drivers from Lexmark site, but will try again.

richg99

Re: Lexmark Z515 Printer won't print with Vista

> "FlBoy55" wrote:
>
>> I have a Lexmark Printer which worked with Windows 98. Now it won't work
>> with
>> my new Emachines computer with Windows Vista Home Premium. I have
>> downloaded
>> the recommended updates, but all I seem to get is the documents put in
>> the
>> queue, but does not send to the printer to begin printing. Anyone got
>> any
>> ideas.

I have the same printer hooked up to my Dell Inspiron 1525 with Vista Home
premium and it works just fine.

I had to clear the queue one time when nothing was working at all. Then
shut the printer and the computer off, and I restarted both and all worked
fine. What does your printer control panel say? Does it recognize the
printer?...mine did...and it had the bad print job in queue. Rich

Donald L McDaniel

Re: Lexmark Z515 Printer won't print with Vista
On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 11:56:01 -0700, FlBoy55
<FlBoy55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>It is also a USB plug and play device
>
>"FlBoy55" wrote:
>
>> I have a Lexmark Printer which worked with Windows 98. Now it won't work with
>> my new Emachines computer with Windows Vista Home Premium. I have downloaded
>> the recommended updates, but all I seem to get is the documents put in the
>> queue, but does not send to the printer to begin printing. Anyone got any
>> ideas.

I've found that Lexmark's have terrible driver installers. I used to
have a Z53, which had a very troublesome driver installer.

Now I use Epsons, rather than Lexmarks.

Lexmarks tend toward being very noisy, anyway.

Donald L McDaniel
FlBoy55

Re: Lexmark Z515 Printer won't print with Vista
I finally got it working and for those who have the same printer, here is how
I did it.

I uninstalled the software, and deleted the printer from the system. I
then, went on line and downloaded the updated software (did not use the cd
rom that was included with the printer). It ran through the installation
process, telling when to connect the Printer via the USB port, and then
finally asking about the printheads (I bought new ones today and installed
them too), and then it did a test page, which I was glad to see and hear.
So, it is now installed and working. So, patience and a little ingenuity
will always let you succeed. So, long story short. It is now working.