Need help with an external storage drive with Vista OS

computerchallengedcc

Need help with an external storage drive with Vista OS
i am going to be doing medical billing on my pc for my sister-in-law. I have
downloaded & installed the medical billing program already. She is going to
purchase an external hard drive so that I can back-up each time I update
information and billing with this program. She has Vista OS, I use XP- SP3.
1) Can someone recommend a small size drive to purchase?
2) Is there anything special that must be done, or we need to know about
installing, etc? Any issues to watch out for,etc?
As you can see, neither one of us are that pc savy with this, so need as
much help as anyone can offer to us. thank you in advance.
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Need help with an external storage drive with Vista OS
Seagate FreeAgent Desktop ST305004FDA1E1-RK 500GB 7200 RPM USB 2.0 External Hard Drive - Retail:

or

Western Digital My Book Essential 2.0 WDH1U5000N 500GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive - Retail

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Desktop Experience -
Windows Vista Enthusiast

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Seagate FreeAgent Desktop ST305004FDA1E1-RK 500GB 7200 RPM USB 2.0 External Hard Drive - Retail:
>
> or
>
> Western Digital My Book Essential 2.0 WDH1U5000N 500GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive - Retail

> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Desktop Experience -
> Windows Vista Enthusiast

> "computerchallengedcc" wrote:
>
> i am going to be doing medical billing on my pc for my sister-in-law. I have
> downloaded & installed the medical billing program already. She is going to
> purchase an external hard drive so that I can back-up each time I update
> information and billing with this program. She has Vista OS, I use XP- SP3.
> 1) Can someone recommend a small size drive to purchase?
> 2) Is there anything special that must be done, or we need to know about
> installing, etc? Any issues to watch out for,etc?
> As you can see, neither one of us are that pc savy with this, so need as
> much help as anyone can offer to us. thank you in advance.

computerchallengedcc

Re: Need help with an external storage drive with Vista OS
Thank you very much for your recommendations.