Built in Web Cam

LukcyRose7

Built in Web Cam
I've only used my built in web cam using skype, and Skype takes care of my
web cam with a little click on an icon. Works great.

Can I use my web cam otherwise? Can I sit my three year old in front of the
computer and save a video? How do I use it independently?

Thanks for any help!! Rose
Nonny

Re: Built in Web Cam
On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 09:56:00 -0700, LukcyRose7
<LukcyRose7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I've only used my built in web cam using skype, and Skype takes care of my
>web cam with a little click on an icon. Works great.
>
>Can I use my web cam otherwise? Can I sit my three year old in front of the
>computer and save a video? How do I use it independently?

Go to the website of the camera's manufacturer and look around for
help on this, and/or for user support forums.

This group isn't for discussing webcam usage... unless you are having
problems with it that can be traced to Vista.
Colin Barnhorst

Re: Built in Web Cam
Read the section on the webcam in your computer's user manual. Laptops that
come with built in webcams also include at least basic software for using
it. Then google on phrases like "how do i use my built in webcam?" and see
what turns up. When I did I got lots of hits, one of which suggested this
program:
http://www.cameroid.com/

"LukcyRose7" <LukcyRose7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've only used my built in web cam using skype, and Skype takes care of my
> web cam with a little click on an icon. Works great.
>
> Can I use my web cam otherwise? Can I sit my three year old in front of
> the
> computer and save a video? How do I use it independently?
>
> Thanks for any help!! Rose

LukcyRose7

Re: Built in Web Cam
you are so right, I found Cyberlink, You Cam... thanks for the heads up!!
Will be sending cam interview of 3yo granddaughter to her great grandparents,
which makes your reply most useful,... and joyful. Rose

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Read the section on the webcam in your computer's user manual. Laptops that
> come with built in webcams also include at least basic software for using
> it. Then google on phrases like "how do i use my built in webcam?" and see
> what turns up. When I did I got lots of hits, one of which suggested this
> program:
> http://www.cameroid.com/
>
> "LukcyRose7" <LukcyRose7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've only used my built in web cam using skype, and Skype takes care of my
> > web cam with a little click on an icon. Works great.
> >
> > Can I use my web cam otherwise? Can I sit my three year old in front of
> > the
> > computer and save a video? How do I use it independently?
> >
> > Thanks for any help!! Rose

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Built in Web Cam
You're welcome.