Quickcam update

quickie

Quickcam update
i am reliably told that vista sp1 has knocked out some if not all usb
devices, hence the reasons why its probably not working

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Quickcam update
I have no idea who your 'reliable' source is, but I assure you that ALL my
USB devices on ALL my Vista SP1 PCs are still working just perfectly. So I
suggest your 'reliable' source might not be quite as 'reliable' as you seem
to think.

My USB devices include:
Multiple printers
Multiple card readers
Microsoft web cam
Multiple external hard drives
Multiple external floppy drives
Multiple scanners
PocketPC
SmartPhone
Zune

etc etc
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"quickie" <spambuster@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>i am reliably told that vista sp1 has knocked out some if not all usb
>devices, hence the reasons why its probably not working

Nonny

Re: Quickcam update
On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 20:10:07 +0100, "quickie" <spambuster@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>i am reliably told that vista sp1 has knocked out some if not all usb
>devices, hence the reasons why its probably not working

Dump your source. I have 6 native USB ports on this machine, one of
them servicing a 4-port powered hub.

All ports are working fabulously... just as they did before I upgraded
to Vista and after I installed SP1 a week later.

quickie

Re: Quickcam update
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04..._defender_sp1/

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 09:24:22 +0100, "quickie" <spambuster@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04..._defender_sp1/

I apologize to your *source*. It wasn't the culprit, YOU were.

First, that article specifically says "some USB devices" and doesn't
include "all". You added "all".

Second, it's not SP1:

"Microsoft contacted El Reg late Thursday to point out that the
Windows update currently playing havoc with a number of USB devices
was in fact Vista SP1 pre-requisite, KB938371..."

Notice it's not SP1, but a different update.

>"Nonny" <nonnymoose@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:2v2e4415216vv58fdpec74qtqeclt5mfum@4ax.com.. .
>> On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 20:10:07 +0100, "quickie" <spambuster@yahoo.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>i am reliably told that vista sp1 has knocked out some if not all usb
>>>devices, hence the reasons why its probably not working

>> Dump your source. I have 6 native USB ports on this machine, one of
>> them servicing a 4-port powered hub.
>>
>> All ports are working fabulously... just as they did before I upgraded
>> to Vista and after I installed SP1 a week later.

quickie

Re: Quickcam update
hey, nonny, nonny, nonny

sorry, I do apologise, had I been a little tad better than I am feeling at
the moment, I would of put pre-requisites and mentioned "not all", well
obviously it is affecting the mouse only and webcam software

> On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 09:24:22 +0100, "quickie" <spambuster@yahoo.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>>http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04..._defender_sp1/

> I apologize to your *source*. It wasn't the culprit, YOU were.
>
> First, that article specifically says "some USB devices" and doesn't
> include "all". You added "all".
>
> Second, it's not SP1:
>
> "Microsoft contacted El Reg late Thursday to point out that the
> Windows update currently playing havoc with a number of USB devices
> was in fact Vista SP1 pre-requisite, KB938371..."
>
> Notice it's not SP1, but a different update.
>

>>"Nonny" <nonnymoose@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>news:2v2e4415216vv58fdpec74qtqeclt5mfum@4ax.com. ..

>>> Dump your source. I have 6 native USB ports on this machine, one of
>>> them servicing a 4-port powered hub.
>>>
>>> All ports are working fabulously... just as they did before I upgraded
>>> to Vista and after I installed SP1 a week later.

SimRacer

Re: Quickcam update
quickie, I can tell you that my logitech orbit is working just fine after
installing SP-1 in fact so does every single usb device, Satitek joystick and
peddles, Logitech Momo, Epsion printer, Epsion scanner, USB floppy drive, USB
external hard drive. Every single one working just fine using SP-1 on Vista
Ultimate 64.

"quickie" wrote:

> hey, nonny, nonny, nonny
>
> sorry, I do apologise, had I been a little tad better than I am feeling at
> the moment, I would of put pre-requisites and mentioned "not all", well
> obviously it is affecting the mouse only and webcam software
>

> "Nonny" <nonnymoose@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 09:24:22 +0100, "quickie" <spambuster@yahoo.co.uk>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04..._defender_sp1/

> > I apologize to your *source*. It wasn't the culprit, YOU were.
> >
> > First, that article specifically says "some USB devices" and doesn't
> > include "all". You added "all".
> >
> > Second, it's not SP1:
> >
> > "Microsoft contacted El Reg late Thursday to point out that the
> > Windows update currently playing havoc with a number of USB devices
> > was in fact Vista SP1 pre-requisite, KB938371..."
> >
> > Notice it's not SP1, but a different update.
> >

> >>"Nonny" <nonnymoose@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >>news:2v2e4415216vv58fdpec74qtqeclt5mfum@4ax.com. ..

SimRacer

Re: Quickcam update
Oh I forgot to add my USB keyboard and mouse to that list.

"SimRacer" wrote:

> quickie, I can tell you that my logitech orbit is working just fine after
> installing SP-1 in fact so does every single usb device, Satitek joystick and
> peddles, Logitech Momo, Epsion printer, Epsion scanner, USB floppy drive, USB
> external hard drive. Every single one working just fine using SP-1 on Vista
> Ultimate 64.
>
> "quickie" wrote:
>
> > hey, nonny, nonny, nonny
> >
> > sorry, I do apologise, had I been a little tad better than I am feeling at
> > the moment, I would of put pre-requisites and mentioned "not all", well
> > obviously it is affecting the mouse only and webcam software
> >

> > "Nonny" <nonnymoose@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > I apologize to your *source*. It wasn't the culprit, YOU were.
> > >
> > > First, that article specifically says "some USB devices" and doesn't
> > > include "all". You added "all".
> > >
> > > Second, it's not SP1:
> > >
> > > "Microsoft contacted El Reg late Thursday to point out that the
> > > Windows update currently playing havoc with a number of USB devices
> > > was in fact Vista SP1 pre-requisite, KB938371..."
> > >
> > > Notice it's not SP1, but a different update.

Nonny

Re: Quickcam update
On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 15:16:01 -0700, SimRacer
<SimRacer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>quickie, I can tell you that my logitech orbit is working just fine after
>installing SP-1 in fact so does every single usb device, Satitek joystick and
>peddles, Logitech Momo, Epsion printer, Epsion scanner, USB floppy drive, USB
>external hard drive. Every single one working just fine using SP-1 on Vista
>Ultimate 64.

Thanks for the reminder. My Quickcam Pro 4000 is humming along fine
too.

>"quickie" wrote:
>
>> hey, nonny, nonny, nonny
>>
>> sorry, I do apologise, had I been a little tad better than I am feeling at
>> the moment, I would of put pre-requisites and mentioned "not all", well
>> obviously it is affecting the mouse only and webcam software
>>

>> "Nonny" <nonnymoose@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > I apologize to your *source*. It wasn't the culprit, YOU were.
>> >
>> > First, that article specifically says "some USB devices" and doesn't
>> > include "all". You added "all".
>> >
>> > Second, it's not SP1:
>> >
>> > "Microsoft contacted El Reg late Thursday to point out that the
>> > Windows update currently playing havoc with a number of USB devices
>> > was in fact Vista SP1 pre-requisite, KB938371..."
>> >
>> > Notice it's not SP1, but a different update.

quickie

Re: Quickcam update
its a software problem

using skype to see myself on it, lol