Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

cd burning on Toshiba Satellite X205-SLI4

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2008
John A Grandy
 

Posts: n/a
cd burning on Toshiba Satellite X205-SLI4
I have a new Toshiba Satellite X205-SLI4 with Windows Vista Ultimate.

Vista's intrinsic cd burning capability does not appear to be working. I
place a new cd-r disc in my cd/dvd drive, but no messages pop-up ( such as
"Burn files to data disc." ).

Additionally, the cd-r is not recognized by Nero StartSmart ( it says "Data
disc burning > Data Burning > Please insert a writable disc." )

How can I diagnose this problem ?

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-03-2008
Colin Barnhorst
 

Posts: n/a
Re: cd burning on Toshiba Satellite X205-SLI4
Have you contacted Toshiba support?

"John A Grandy" <johnagrandy@g-mail-dot-com> wrote in message
news:OqQIBHcxIHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>I have a new Toshiba Satellite X205-SLI4 with Windows Vista Ultimate.
>
> Vista's intrinsic cd burning capability does not appear to be working. I
> place a new cd-r disc in my cd/dvd drive, but no messages pop-up ( such as
> "Burn files to data disc." ).
>
> Additionally, the cd-r is not recognized by Nero StartSmart ( it says
> "Data disc burning > Data Burning > Please insert a writable disc." )
>
> How can I diagnose this problem ?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2008
John A Grandy
 

Posts: n/a
Re: cd burning on Toshiba Satellite X205-SLI4
Thought I'd check here first as Toshiba support is a tiresome ordeal ...


"Colin Barnhorst" <c.barnhorst@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:0303D1EB-B642-4B53-B514-E6310A8AFA18@microsoft.com...
> Have you contacted Toshiba support?
>
> "John A Grandy" <johnagrandy@g-mail-dot-com> wrote in message
> news:OqQIBHcxIHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>I have a new Toshiba Satellite X205-SLI4 with Windows Vista Ultimate.
>>
>> Vista's intrinsic cd burning capability does not appear to be working. I
>> place a new cd-r disc in my cd/dvd drive, but no messages pop-up ( such
>> as "Burn files to data disc." ).
>>
>> Additionally, the cd-r is not recognized by Nero StartSmart ( it says
>> "Data disc burning > Data Burning > Please insert a writable disc." )
>>
>> How can I diagnose this problem ?

>


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2008
Jon Pope
 

Posts: n/a
Re: cd burning on Toshiba Satellite X205-SLI4
I agree I wanted to find out how much it would cost to replace the MB in a
laptop they refused to answer my niece poured water over the keyboard

"John A Grandy" <johnagrandy@g-mail-dot-com> wrote in message
news:uZIzrIdxIHA.5472@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Thought I'd check here first as Toshiba support is a tiresome ordeal ...
>
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" <c.barnhorst@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:0303D1EB-B642-4B53-B514-E6310A8AFA18@microsoft.com...
>> Have you contacted Toshiba support?
>>
>> "John A Grandy" <johnagrandy@g-mail-dot-com> wrote in message
>> news:OqQIBHcxIHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>I have a new Toshiba Satellite X205-SLI4 with Windows Vista Ultimate.
>>>
>>> Vista's intrinsic cd burning capability does not appear to be working.
>>> I place a new cd-r disc in my cd/dvd drive, but no messages pop-up (
>>> such as "Burn files to data disc." ).
>>>
>>> Additionally, the cd-r is not recognized by Nero StartSmart ( it says
>>> "Data disc burning > Data Burning > Please insert a writable disc." )
>>>
>>> How can I diagnose this problem ?

>>

>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2008
John A Grandy
 

Posts: n/a
Re: cd burning on Toshiba Satellite X205-SLI4
Shouldn't Explorer at least be giving me an option to format a blank cdr in
the drive ?


"Jon Pope" <mrjonpope@cox.net> wrote in message
news:u7fpEcdxIHA.2384@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>I agree I wanted to find out how much it would cost to replace the MB in a
>laptop they refused to answer my niece poured water over the keyboard
>
> "John A Grandy" <johnagrandy@g-mail-dot-com> wrote in message
> news:uZIzrIdxIHA.5472@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Thought I'd check here first as Toshiba support is a tiresome ordeal ...
>>
>>
>> "Colin Barnhorst" <c.barnhorst@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> news:0303D1EB-B642-4B53-B514-E6310A8AFA18@microsoft.com...
>>> Have you contacted Toshiba support?
>>>
>>> "John A Grandy" <johnagrandy@g-mail-dot-com> wrote in message
>>> news:OqQIBHcxIHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>>I have a new Toshiba Satellite X205-SLI4 with Windows Vista Ultimate.
>>>>
>>>> Vista's intrinsic cd burning capability does not appear to be working.
>>>> I place a new cd-r disc in my cd/dvd drive, but no messages pop-up (
>>>> such as "Burn files to data disc." ).
>>>>
>>>> Additionally, the cd-r is not recognized by Nero StartSmart ( it says
>>>> "Data disc burning > Data Burning > Please insert a writable disc." )
>>>>
>>>> How can I diagnose this problem ?
>>>

>>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Downgrading From Vista To Xp on toshiba satellite XpIsBetter microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 10 09-25-2008 13:21
toshiba satellite virtual buttons Eric microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 4 02-01-2008 17:18
Force 60hz for BF2 on Toshiba Satellite x205 notebook kenney001 microsoft.public.windows.vista.games 7 11-15-2007 19:37
Mail op Toshiba Satellite Patrick microsoft.public.nl.windows.vista 1 10-06-2007 15:42
Toshiba Satellite A80 marco microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 6 03-08-2007 21:41




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:19.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120