Sound Problems

jmurillo

Sound Problems
I bought a HP Pavilion dv6174cl with Windows XP everything worked perfectly
until I installed Microsoft Windows Vista ULTIMATE Edition...after some
changes and upgrades, soooome of the problems got fixed BUT my web cam does
not work since November and my speakers are completly death since a ( 1 )
year ago. I have tried everything the Hp technician suggested i even
contacted some people on microsoft comunity and the problem persists. I
installed Linux Ubuntu and the speakers works Perfect, I tried installing XP
again and they worked...Perfectly. I have have to use Headphones or external
speakers to ear anything and i´m really really tired and frustrated with
this, it is really annoying this Vista. I fell un happy using this OS at
work, at home....everywhere. Since a can remember I always uses Windows, i
even keep the 3.1 versions of Windows, but honestly this Vista is really
obnoxious. The visuals are great, reeaally great, there are other great
things about vista, BUT as i mentioned before, is FRUSTRATING.

I only wanna be able to ear music from my speakers, to ear a web conference
without using headphones...

PLEASE!! if any of you know how to really FIX this, please please please
tell me...

Thanks for your time...
Dwarf

RE: Sound Problems
Hi,

This sounds (please forgive the pun) as though it is a driver issue. I
enclose links to the 'Software & Driver downloads' page for your model. You
should be able to find what you want there. If necessary, you can also browse
the other links under 'HP technical support' for further information.
Dwarf

Vista 32-bit
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... 53926&lang=en

Vista 64-bit

"jmurillo" wrote:

> I bought a HP Pavilion dv6174cl with Windows XP everything worked perfectly
> until I installed Microsoft Windows Vista ULTIMATE Edition...after some
> changes and upgrades, soooome of the problems got fixed BUT my web cam does
> not work since November and my speakers are completly death since a ( 1 )
> year ago. I have tried everything the Hp technician suggested i even
> contacted some people on microsoft comunity and the problem persists. I
> installed Linux Ubuntu and the speakers works Perfect, I tried installing XP
> again and they worked...Perfectly. I have have to use Headphones or external
> speakers to ear anything and i´m really really tired and frustrated with
> this, it is really annoying this Vista. I fell un happy using this OS at
> work, at home....everywhere. Since a can remember I always uses Windows, i
> even keep the 3.1 versions of Windows, but honestly this Vista is really
> obnoxious. The visuals are great, reeaally great, there are other great
> things about vista, BUT as i mentioned before, is FRUSTRATING.
>
> I only wanna be able to ear music from my speakers, to ear a web conference
> without using headphones...
>
> PLEASE!! if any of you know how to really FIX this, please please please
> tell me...
>
> Thanks for your time...

jmurillo

RE: Sound Problems
Thanks Dwarf for your answer....but i´ve already tried that, several
times...it did not work.