Vertical scrolling problems with mouse

simrick405 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vertical scrolling problems with mouse
Hi. I've got a scrolling issue that I hope someone can help me with. I have a Toshiba A215-S6804 laptop with Vista Home Premium SP1, IE7 and OpenOffice. I had installed a Dynex optical wireless notebook mouse and found that I could only vertically scroll in IE7. I assumed it was a driver issue because Dynex don't market this mouse specifically for Vista. So I bought a Logitech V320 wireless optical mouse and installed that yesterday. This one is supposed to scroll vertically and horizontally. Well, in IE7 I have no problems scrolling (both ways), but in any other program I can not get it to scroll. I've tried OpenOffice document, WordPad, and even the help file from Logitech too - nothing will vertically scroll! I'm lost. I have downloaded the most recent software from Logitech with no luck. I have got to assume it's a Vista issue. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks!
Curious

Re: Vertical scrolling problems with mouse
Do you click on an empty spot it your open window before you try and use the
scroll wheel?
"simrick405" <simrick405.3aduoi@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:simrick405.3aduoi@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> Hi. I've got a scrolling issue that I hope someone can help me with. I
> have a Toshiba A215-S6804 laptop with Vista Home Premium SP1, IE7 and
> OpenOffice. I had installed a Dynex optical wireless notebook mouse and
> found that I could only vertically scroll in IE7. I assumed it was a
> driver issue because Dynex don't market this mouse specifically for
> Vista. So I bought a Logitech V320 wireless optical mouse and installed
> that yesterday. This one is supposed to scroll vertically and
> horizontally. Well, in IE7 I have no problems scrolling (both ways), but
> in any other program I can not get it to scroll. I've tried OpenOffice
> document, WordPad, and even the help file from Logitech too - nothing
> will vertically scroll! I'm lost. I have downloaded the most recent
> software from Logitech with no luck. I have got to assume it's a Vista
> issue. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks!
>

> --
> simrick405

simrick405 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vertical scrolling problems with mouse
Yes, I do click in a blank area before I try to scroll.
Mouse Issues

Re: Vertical scrolling problems with mouse
Any luck with this? I think I'm having the same problem... when I try to
scroll vertically I can't. I can in IE7 no problem, but in any of my
microsoft apps I can't scroll vertically. If you've figured it out please
help!!

Thanks.

"simrick405" wrote:

> Yes, I do click in a blank area before I try to scroll.
>

> --
> simrick405

simrick405 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vertical scrolling problems with mouse
No, no luck yet. What system do you have the problem on and what version of Vista?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse Issues View Post

"simrick405" wrote:

> Yes, I do click in a blank area before I try to scroll.
>

> --
> simrick405

simrick405 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vertical scrolling problems with mouse
No, I haven't had any help yet. What system are you using and what version of Vista?

"simrick405" wrote:

> Yes, I do click in a blank area before I try to scroll.
>

> --
> simrick405

simrick405 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
mouse scrolling issues
Nope, no resolution - no one answers......<sigh>