Errors on (C:) Drive

Jason

Errors on (C:) Drive
I have a Gateway P-6822 laptop. I am running Windows Vista 32-bit. When I try
to restore my computer to an earlier time, I recieve a message that my (C
drive has errors. When I go into my (C properties, and tell it to search
for and fix errors, it tells me that this operation cannot be completed while
(C is in use. It ask if I would like to schedule a check up the next time I
restart my computer. I tell it yes, but nothing ever happens. My primary
drive is (C which is about 220GB, and I have a Recovery (D that's about
10GB. - Don't know if that helps.
How can I fix the errors on my (C drive?
Thanks
Jason
PvdG42

Re: Errors on (C:) Drive
"Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Gateway P-6822 laptop. I am running Windows Vista 32-bit. When I
>try
> to restore my computer to an earlier time, I recieve a message that my
> (C
> drive has errors. When I go into my (C properties, and tell it to search
> for and fix errors, it tells me that this operation cannot be completed
> while
> (C is in use. It ask if I would like to schedule a check up the next
> time I
> restart my computer. I tell it yes, but nothing ever happens. My primary
> drive is (C which is about 220GB, and I have a Recovery (D that's
> about
> 10GB. - Don't know if that helps.
> How can I fix the errors on my (C drive?
> Thanks
> Jason

First, I'd be backing up any and all data files you value to optical media.
Second, check the drive itself with appropriate diagnostic software. Contact
Gateway and report your issues. Then, ask them for a diagnostic software
download. It's also possible that they can check your drive remotely.

DL

Re: Errors on (C:) Drive
And lastly, and urgently, if there is an option to create recovery cd/dvd
via your recovery partition, do so NOW