Loosing Display Settings On Monitor

Macman2007uk

Loosing Display Settings On Monitor
Hi:
> Since I recently changed from XP to Vista Home Premium, encountered some
> problems, the latest is that I keep using my Monitor Display Resolution
> Settings.
> What I keep having to do is shut down, restat & reset the monitor
> settings,
> or re-install drivers using Samsung SyncMaster 2232/GW Digital Monitor.
> Any
> ideas what is causing this or how I can permantly rectify this problem.
> (I never had this problem while running XP)
> Cheers
> John Mac = macman2007uk

DL

Re: Loosing Display Settings On Monitor
You have visited your hw manufacturers sites & downloaded / updated the
vista drivers?

"Macman2007uk" <Macman2007uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>> Since I recently changed from XP to Vista Home Premium, encountered
>> some
>> problems, the latest is that I keep using my Monitor Display Resolution
>> Settings.
>> What I keep having to do is shut down, restat & reset the monitor
>> settings,
>> or re-install drivers using Samsung SyncMaster 2232/GW Digital Monitor.
>> Any
>> ideas what is causing this or how I can permantly rectify this problem.
>> (I never had this problem while running XP)
>> Cheers
>> John Mac = macman2007uk

Macman2007uk

Re: Loosing Display Settings On Monitor
Hi DL:
I got Drivers which I believe are the most upto date from Samsung
Web Site. The problem persists periodically. There is no key factor at times
of starting PC as to when this will happen, sometimes goes for couple of days
ok, then next start up I need to reconfigure.
I will possibly just have to put up with.
Cheers John Mac macman2007uk.
PS I have another problem which I will be posting now.

"DL" wrote:

> You have visited your hw manufacturers sites & downloaded / updated the
> vista drivers?
>
> "Macman2007uk" <Macman2007uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi:
> >> Since I recently changed from XP to Vista Home Premium, encountered
> >> some
> >> problems, the latest is that I keep using my Monitor Display Resolution
> >> Settings.
> >> What I keep having to do is shut down, restat & reset the monitor
> >> settings,
> >> or re-install drivers using Samsung SyncMaster 2232/GW Digital Monitor.
> >> Any
> >> ideas what is causing this or how I can permantly rectify this problem.
> >> (I never had this problem while running XP)
> >> Cheers
> >> John Mac = macman2007uk

Malke

Macman2007uk wrote:

> Hi DL:
> I got Drivers which I believe are the most upto date from
> Samsung
> Web Site. The problem persists periodically. There is no key factor at
> times of starting PC as to when this will happen, sometimes goes for
> couple of days ok, then next start up I need to reconfigure.
> I will possibly just have to put up with.

You don't want the drivers for your monitor. You want the drivers for your
video card. Get them from either the OEM's website (if you have an OEM
machine such as a Dell, HP, etc.) or from the video card mftr.'s website.

If updating the video card drivers doesn't solve the problem, then your
video card is failing and should be replaced.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
tanuj_chadha

Re: Loosing Display Settings On Monitor

Just check windows update if some update for Intel was done before the
issue began. If yes then try to uninstall the update. If you are also
unable to do that, change display settings to 1024 X 768. If that also
fails then try change the DPI settings.

--
tanuj_chadha