Dual 1920x1200 monitors on single graphics card

seb

Dual 1920x1200 monitors on single graphics card
hello - I would like to have two 24" monitors, each setup at 1920x1200
resolution, on a single PCI express 16x graphics card, running Aero across
the 2 monitors

Is there any graphics card out there that would support this scenario ?
Can't find the answer in any of the graphics chips manafucturers' websites

thanks

S.
seb

RE: Dual 1920x1200 monitors on single graphics card
important clarification: this is for productivity use, not for gaming - i
don't need extreme performance - just want to have large excel spreadsheets
open...

S.

"seb" wrote:

> hello - I would like to have two 24" monitors, each setup at 1920x1200
> resolution, on a single PCI express 16x graphics card, running Aero across
> the 2 monitors
>
> Is there any graphics card out there that would support this scenario ?
> Can't find the answer in any of the graphics chips manafucturers' websites
>
> thanks
>
> S.

Bender

Re: Dual 1920x1200 monitors on single graphics card
I have an AGP Radeon HD2600 that I am currently running two monitors at 1600
X 1200 off of two DVI cables (compared to my older Radeon 9600 that had one
DVI and one VGA).
I can run Dream Scene on both displays at the same time.
I am not sure but I think this card is capable of running two 30 inch
monitors both at 2560 X 1600.
A half decent PCI express card should easily handle two 1920 X 1200
monitors.

"seb" <seb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello - I would like to have two 24" monitors, each setup at 1920x1200
> resolution, on a single PCI express 16x graphics card, running Aero across
> the 2 monitors
>
> Is there any graphics card out there that would support this scenario ?
> Can't find the answer in any of the graphics chips manafucturers' websites
>
> thanks
>
> S.

DL

Re: Dual 1920x1200 monitors on single graphics card
Allmost any dual display graphics card will do, you simply need to check the
resolution supported

> important clarification: this is for productivity use, not for gaming - i
> don't need extreme performance - just want to have large excel
> spreadsheets
> open...
>
> S.
>
> "seb" wrote:
>
>> hello - I would like to have two 24" monitors, each setup at 1920x1200
>> resolution, on a single PCI express 16x graphics card, running Aero
>> across
>> the 2 monitors
>>
>> Is there any graphics card out there that would support this scenario ?
>> Can't find the answer in any of the graphics chips manafucturers'
>> websites
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> S.

.Joe

seb;729680 Wrote:
> hello - I would like to have two 24" monitors, each setup at 1920x1200
> resolution, on a single PCI express 16x graphics card, running Aero
> across
> the 2 monitors
>
> Is there any graphics card out there that would support this scenario ?
> Can't find the answer in any of the graphics chips manafucturers'
> websites
>
> thanks
>
> S.

My friend is running dual 1680x1050 22" widescreen Flat screens off a
Nvidia GT8800. With some software and a second CPU, he's also running
two 1024x768 15" flat screens with control from the main CPU. For a
total of 4 displays. Total viewing area is 5408x3636 or 74" of screen
area. So I would think getting your sceens to run should be no problem.
This setup is used for multiple tasks, gaming, chat, browsing and
whatever else he can throw at it. Personally, I stopped at a single 22"
widescreen flat panel display. Seems to be enough for what I do .

--
.Joe

_[image:
http://uswave.net/vistax64/joetmvx64.png] (\"http://uswave.net/vistax64/joetmvx64.png\")_
_*::Vista_Forums::* (\"http://www.vistax64.com/\")_
_Geekbench_Score:_4031 (\"http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/51273\")_
_CPU-Z (\"http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=345866\")_
seb

Re: Dual 1920x1200 monitors on single graphics card
thank you for your response - but you're precisely raising my
question: most advanced graphics cards have resolutions of 2560x1600 max -
the resolution i would get with 2 screens is 3840x1200

when graphics cards manufacturers talk about max resolution: is it across
the 2 screens or is it per screen ? will i have aeroglass working if i have 2
screens at 1920x1200 ?

many thanks & sorry if it's a dumb question - i want to make sure it works
before i invest in two 24" screens...

S.

"DL" wrote:

> Allmost any dual display graphics card will do, you simply need to check the
> resolution supported
>
> "seb" <seb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > important clarification: this is for productivity use, not for gaming - i
> > don't need extreme performance - just want to have large excel
> > spreadsheets
> > open...
> >
> > S.
> >
> > "seb" wrote:
> >
> >> hello - I would like to have two 24" monitors, each setup at 1920x1200
> >> resolution, on a single PCI express 16x graphics card, running Aero
> >> across
> >> the 2 monitors
> >>
> >> Is there any graphics card out there that would support this scenario ?
> >> Can't find the answer in any of the graphics chips manafucturers'
> >> websites
> >>
> >> thanks
> >>
> >> S.

Bender

Re: Dual 1920x1200 monitors on single graphics card
Here is a 'mainstream' video card example, in this case a HD2600 series.

"Two integrated dual-link DVI display outputs
Each supports 18-, 24-, and 30-bit digital displays at all resolutions up to
1920x1200 (single-link DVI) or 2560x1600 (dual-link DVI)1
Each includes a dual-link HDCP encoder with on-chip key storage for high
resolution playback of protected content2
"

I think that is clear enough. You can run two monitors at up to 2560x1600 if
they have dual-link DVI inputs and your cable you use is also dual link.
Otherwise supports 2 at 1920x1200 using the single-link DVI.