Lacie two big, Photoshop and eSATA

damocles

Lacie two big, Photoshop and eSATA

Hi there,

I'm thinking about getting a Lacie Two Big external 1TB raid 0 hard
drive to use as a scratch disk for Photoshop CS3 connected through my
eSATA connection on my motherboard ( Asus p5B deluxe ).

Does anyone know if Photoshop will see an eSATA drive and will be able
to use it as a scratch disk?

Also are eSATA speeds really the same as internal SATA drives?

Cheers dudes

Chris

--
damocles
Nonny

Re: Lacie two big, Photoshop and eSATA
On Tue, 27 May 2008 16:04:23 -0500, damocles <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I'm thinking about getting a Lacie Two Big external 1TB raid 0 hard
>drive to use as a scratch disk for Photoshop CS3 connected through my
>eSATA connection on my motherboard ( Asus p5B deluxe ).

Sounds like overkill and/or a waste of money to me.

>Does anyone know if Photoshop will see an eSATA drive and will be able
>to use it as a scratch disk?

If Vista sees it, Photoshop will see it.

>Also are eSATA speeds really the same as internal SATA drives?

Google is your friend.

DL

Re: Lacie two big, Photoshop and eSATA
'scratch disk'?
If an esata drive is correctly installed any application will see it

"damocles" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi there,
>
> I'm thinking about getting a Lacie Two Big external 1TB raid 0 hard
> drive to use as a scratch disk for Photoshop CS3 connected through my
> eSATA connection on my motherboard ( Asus p5B deluxe ).
>
> Does anyone know if Photoshop will see an eSATA drive and will be able
> to use it as a scratch disk?
>
> Also are eSATA speeds really the same as internal SATA drives?
>

> Cheers dudes
>
> Chris
>

> --
> damocles

damocles

Re: Lacie two big, Photoshop and eSATA

Maybe overkill.......but I'm working on massive (10 to 25 gb+) fine art
prints

--
damocles
Jon Pope

Re: Lacie two big, Photoshop and eSATA
WOW I would really like to see some of ur prints plz

> Maybe overkill.......but I'm working on massive (10 to 25 gb+) fine art
> prints
>

> --
> damocles

damocles

Re: Lacie two big, Photoshop and eSATA

Some can be seen here.

'Christopher Farrell Portfolio 2008'
(http://www.farrellart-london.co.uk)

2008 are mostly Digital prints (Although they are relatively small @40
x 60 inch) and rest are paintings.

The biggies are 2 x 5.8 metres but can't upload them yet as they are
work in progress and the clients would be very unhappy about it.

Chris

--
damocles
Bender

Re: Lacie two big, Photoshop and eSATA
The computer should see the eSata just the same as an internal hard drive.
eSata is basically just a different physical connection than an internall
Sata drive, it should use the same drivers as an internal Sata. One
difference though is that on some systems the eSata can be plugged in or
unplugged while the computer is running.
The RPM of the hard drive will probably make a difference on how well the
scratch file speed is as well as using the correct RAID protocol. There is
Raid for redundancy and there is Raid for speed.