Problems with Microsoft Bluetooth notebook mouse 5000

ssuarez

Problems with Microsoft Bluetooth notebook mouse 5000
I have tried everyhting so far and nothing helps. I have installed the
IntelliPoint 6.2 but it doesn´t work. My Sony Vaio Vista recognizes the
devices but I can´t move it or use it at all. When I go to its properties and
click on Buttons the following message appears:
"Some mouse settings might not work until you connect a Microsoft mouse to a
USB port on your computer or set up a Microsoft mouse that uses Bluetooth
technology."
Anyone knows what this is about?
Thanks
Cathy Moya [MS]

Re: Problems with Microsoft Bluetooth notebook mouse 5000
Have you read this KB on that mouse?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952818/en-us

--
Cathy Moya
Microsoft Hardware User Experience

www.microsoft.com/hardware
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.

"ssuarez" <ssuarez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have tried everyhting so far and nothing helps. I have installed the
> IntelliPoint 6.2 but it doesn´t work. My Sony Vaio Vista recognizes the
> devices but I can´t move it or use it at all. When I go to its properties
> and
> click on Buttons the following message appears:
> "Some mouse settings might not work until you connect a Microsoft mouse to
> USB port on your computer or set up a Microsoft mouse that uses Bluetooth
> technology."
> Anyone knows what this is about?
> Thanks

ssuarez

Re: Problems with Microsoft Bluetooth notebook mouse 5000
Yes i did try that already and nothing. My computer recognizes this mouse,
and tells me that the recognition was succesfully completed, but immediately
afterwards a window pops up saying:
"New Hardware found
Windows needs to install a controller software for unknown device"
And i have three choices, Search and install controller software, Ask me
later, or Don't show this message again. I have tried all but none work. When
I choose the first one (which is the only one that continues my process) it
lasts about 20 seconds when a new window appears saying:
"Windows found a problem while installing the device's controller software.
Windows found a controller software for the device but an error was
encountered while trying to install it."
Then some longer explanation is also in this window saying something about
the device missing a necessary entry.

Thanks for the help anyone!

jbezdan is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you haven't already solved the issue, here is what I have found. Apparently with an update to Vista in April 2008 KB938371, they removed the msmouse.inf and the mskeyboard.inf from the \Windows\inf folder. This causes several types of mouse and keyboards to no longer be recognized.

I spent the better part of a day working on getting a MS 5000 notebook mouse to work with a Kensington USB Micro BT adapter. I knew it wasn't the adapter or the mouse because I installed it on another XP machine and it worked fine.

Here is the article for how to get it recognized as a mouse and not a generic HID device: When you install update 938371 from Windows Update, you may lose access to the USB mouse or the USB keyboard on a computer that is running Windows Vista

I recommend Method 5 since going back to a restore point at this late a date is not practical. If you have a BartPE disk you can go do it through a GUI, if not the WinRE environement works just fine too.

I still don't understand why Microsoft did that. Maybe it is in preparation for the mental telepathy input devices that are due out in late Q3 of this year?
Brenda

Re: Problems with Microsoft Bluetooth notebook mouse 5000
On Jul 22, 12:00*am, jbezdan <jbezdan.3cx...@no-
mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:
> If you haven't already solved the issue, here is what I have found.
> Apparently with an update to Vista in April 2008 KB938371, they removed
> the msmouse.inf and the mskeyboard.inf from the \Windows\inf folder.
> This causes several types of mouse and keyboards to no longer be
> recognized.
>
> I spent the better part of a day working on getting a MS 5000 notebook
> mouse to work with a Kensington USB Micro BT adapter. I knew it wasn't
> the adapter or the mouse because I installed it on another XP machine
> and it worked fine.
>
> Here is the article for how to get it recognized as a mouse and not a
> generic HID device: 'When you install update 938371 from Windows Update,
> you may lose access to the USB mouse or the USB keyboard on a computer
> that is running Windows Vista'
> (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952941/en-us)
>
> I recommend Method 5 since going back to a restore point at this late a
> date is not practical. If you have a BartPE disk you can go do it
> through a GUI, if not the WinRE environement works just fine too.
>
> I still don't understand why Microsoft did that. Maybe it is in
> preparation for the mental telepathy input devices that are due out in
> late Q3 of this year?
>
> --
> jbezdan

Hello...

After readingg how you determined the cause of the issue above, I
thought maybe you could help me. I have a new Sony Vaio with Vista
also and the Microsoft Bluetooth notebook mouse 5000 is recognized and
installed, but for no reason just stops working whenever it feels like
it. The only way to fix it is to uninstall it and reinstall it and
detect it all over again. Then it will work for a day or two and then
it stops working again. I thought maybe there was some sort of
interference and tried to set a passkey, but it wouldn't work. Please
help!!

jbezdan is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So the mouse is still seen as an active BT device on the Sony but it fails to work, or does it not show as being actively connected to the laptop?

My first suggestion would be to try another mouse if that is possible. The trick is determining if it is a problem with the laptop or the mouse.

The problem I had was related to the internal drivers even being able to recognize the device as a mouse.
Brenda

Re: Problems with Microsoft Bluetooth notebook mouse 5000
On Aug 28, 12:10*pm, jbezdan <jbezdan.3ev...@no-
mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:
> So the mouse is still seen as an active BT device on the Sony but it
> fails to work, or does it not show as being actively connected to the
> laptop?
>
> My first suggestion would be to try another mouse if that is possible.
> The trick is determining if it is a problem with the laptop or the
> mouse.
>
> The problem I had was related to the internal drivers even being able
> to recognize the device as a mouse.
>
> --
> jbezdan

It shows in "Bluetooth Devices" as Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse
5000, but when I click on properties it says the device type is a
"Miscellaneous Peripheral Device".

I am actually using another mouse now (USB not Bluetooth) and it works
fine. As soon as I plugged in the wireless USB it worked.

I just thought that because you researched the other problem that
maybe you could point me in the right direction to fix this issue.
Any help would be appreciated.
M1N1

Re: Problems with Microsoft Bluetooth notebook mouse 5000

i have the same damn problem with this VISTA!!
its so crapy OS .. i think ill install xp and have a wonderfull life.

if someone here have any seloution for it i will be glad to hear

--
M1N1
M1N1's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/m1n1.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Wandering

Re: Problems with Microsoft Bluetooth notebook mouse 5000
Make sure you have all the necessary device drivers for your machine in the
new operating system before you change, or you will end up with a cripple,
not a wonderful life. Good luck.

Oh, if you want help, then you might ask a question.

"M1N1" <M1N1.3hfi7a@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> i have the same damn problem with this VISTA!!
> its so crapy OS .. i think ill install xp and have a wonderfull life.
>
> if someone here have any seloution for it i will be glad to hear
>

> --
> M1N1
> M1N1's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/m1n1.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-har...ces/976311.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

M1N1

Re: Problems with Microsoft Bluetooth notebook mouse 5000

well i installed win xp and googled for drivers and all working very
good even the mouse with no difficults .. im disapointed from microsoft
when the write in the website "mouse 5000..." VISTA SUPPORTED.. lol

someone have this mouse to work on windows vista premium?
If you have other version of vista tell me which version you use

or maybe you solve the problem in other way

I have bluethooth driver install and all working fine im able to
connect to the mouse but the mouse wont move.. either vista didnt tell
me that new device found but it shown in devicr manager as HID
something.. on xp and in other forums i saw it should be other name not
this and suppose to ask me to install device.. that thing wont display
on vista even if i delete or update driver..

hope you can help so i could go use vista again..

THx very much