hardware

SPMC computer studies

hardware
what is the main role of a cpu?
Rick Rogers

Re: hardware
Google is your friend for these types of questions:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...le+of+a+cpu%3F

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"SPMC computer studies" <SPMCcomputerstudies@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:7BB5A1B0-286F-4CFC-A3B9-603B7D7BDBD6@microsoft.com...
> what is the main role of a cpu?

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: hardware
"SPMC computer studies" <SPMCcomputerstudies@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:7BB5A1B0-286F-4CFC-A3B9-603B7D7BDBD6@microsoft.com...
> what is the main role of a cpu?

Some people think that the CPU is the Central Processing Unit as in the
mutli pin flat thing with a humungous fan attached to it. Without the fan,
it works for maybe 30 seconds and then stops, so the fan must be pretty
important.

But, some think that the CPU is what holds all of the parts of a computer in
close formation, ie the tower. In this case, the CPU is more important than
the fan because without the CPU, all of the parts would fall down..

Hope this helps.. ;-)

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

Richard G. Harper

Re: hardware
It doesn't roll, the pins on the bottom tend to make it stick in place.

"SPMC computer studies" <SPMCcomputerstudies@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:7BB5A1B0-286F-4CFC-A3B9-603B7D7BDBD6@microsoft.com...
> what is the main role of a cpu?

miss-information

Re: hardware
This is the most juvenile response I have ever seen, "all the parts would
fall down", "mutli pin flat thing with a humungous fan attached to it"? One,
you failed to answer the OPs question correctly and two, your attempt to
describe the role of the CPU is moronic. MVP?

"Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@remove_mvps.com> wrote in message
> "SPMC computer studies" <SPMCcomputerstudies@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message
>> what is the main role of a cpu?

> Some people think that the CPU is the Central Processing Unit as in the
> mutli pin flat thing with a humungous fan attached to it. Without the fan,
> it works for maybe 30 seconds and then stops, so the fan must be pretty
> important.
>
> But, some think that the CPU is what holds all of the parts of a computer
> in close formation, ie the tower. In this case, the CPU is more important
> than the fan because without the CPU, all of the parts would fall down..
>
> Hope this helps.. ;-)
>

> --
> Mike Hall - MVP
> How to construct a good post..
> http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
> How to use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups..
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...help&style=toc
> Mike's Window - My Blog..

miss-information

Re: hardware
This is the most juvenile response I have ever seen, "all the parts would
fall down", "mutli pin flat thing with a humungous fan attached to it"? One,
you failed to answer the OPs question correctly and two, your attempt to
describe the role of the CPU is moronic. MVP?

"Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@remove_mvps.com> wrote in message
> "SPMC computer studies" <SPMCcomputerstudies@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message
>> what is the main role of a cpu?

> Some people think that the CPU is the Central Processing Unit as in the
> mutli pin flat thing with a humungous fan attached to it. Without the fan,
> it works for maybe 30 seconds and then stops, so the fan must be pretty
> important.
>
> But, some think that the CPU is what holds all of the parts of a computer
> in close formation, ie the tower. In this case, the CPU is more important
> than the fan because without the CPU, all of the parts would fall down..
>
> Hope this helps.. ;-)
>

> --
> Mike Hall - MVP
> How to construct a good post..
> http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
> How to use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups..
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...help&style=toc
> Mike's Window - My Blog..

propman

Re: hardware

Personally I thought he hit it right on......:-)

miss-information wrote:
> This is the most juvenile response I have ever seen, "all the parts would
> fall down", "mutli pin flat thing with a humungous fan attached to it"?
> One,
> you failed to answer the OPs question correctly and two, your attempt to
> describe the role of the CPU is moronic. MVP?

> "Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@remove_mvps.com> wrote in message
>> "SPMC computer studies" <SPMCcomputerstudies@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote in message
>>> what is the main role of a cpu?

>> Some people think that the CPU is the Central Processing Unit as in the
>> mutli pin flat thing with a humungous fan attached to it. Without the
>> fan,
>> it works for maybe 30 seconds and then stops, so the fan must be pretty
>> important.
>>
>> But, some think that the CPU is what holds all of the parts of a computer
>> in close formation, ie the tower. In this case, the CPU is more important
>> than the fan because without the CPU, all of the parts would fall down..
>>
>> Hope this helps.. ;-)
>>

>> --
>> Mike Hall - MVP
>> How to construct a good post..
>> http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
>> How to use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups..
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default...help&style=toc
>> Mike's Window - My Blog..
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/default.aspx

miss-information

Re: hardware
You would.

"miss-information" <invalid@invalid.net> wrote in message
> This is the most juvenile response I have ever seen, "all the parts would
> fall down", "mutli pin flat thing with a humungous fan attached to it"?
> One,
> you failed to answer the OPs question correctly and two, your attempt to
> describe the role of the CPU is moronic. MVP?

> "Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@remove_mvps.com> wrote in message
>> "SPMC computer studies" <SPMCcomputerstudies@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote in message
>>> what is the main role of a cpu?

>> Some people think that the CPU is the Central Processing Unit as in the
>> mutli pin flat thing with a humungous fan attached to it. Without the
>> fan,
>> it works for maybe 30 seconds and then stops, so the fan must be pretty
>> important.
>>
>> But, some think that the CPU is what holds all of the parts of a computer
>> in close formation, ie the tower. In this case, the CPU is more important
>> than the fan because without the CPU, all of the parts would fall down..
>>
>> Hope this helps.. ;-)
>>

>> --
>> Mike Hall - MVP
>> How to construct a good post..
>> http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
>> How to use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups..
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default...help&style=toc
>> Mike's Window - My Blog..
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/default.aspx

Go finish your homework..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

Colin Barnhorst

Re: hardware
Except that the current crop of cpus don't have pins. Just contacts. On
mine the pins are in the base on the mobo. But they don't mate with slots.
They mate with the contacts on the cpu.