Hardware

SPMC computer studies

Hardware
What is a peripheral???
Rick Rogers

Re: Hardware
Hi,

Generally, it's any piece of hardware connected to a system, either wired or
wireless, that is not part of the main drive tower. Examples are the
keyboard, mouse, printer, USB attachments, etc.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"SPMC computer studies" <SPMC computer studies@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message newsB300873-A6F3-44EB-B7F4-0A95ECADC932@microsoft.com...
> What is a peripheral???

Gordon

Re: Hardware
> Hi,
>
> Generally, it's any piece of hardware connected to a system, either wired
> or wireless, that is not part of the main drive tower. Examples are the
> keyboard, mouse, printer, USB attachments, etc.

The OP is doing homework - let him find his own answers!

Nonny

Re: Hardware
On Mon, 26 May 2008 20:04:46 +0100, "Gordon"
<gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:

>"Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Generally, it's any piece of hardware connected to a system, either wired
>> or wireless, that is not part of the main drive tower. Examples are the
>> keyboard, mouse, printer, USB attachments, etc.
>>

>The OP is doing homework - let him find his own answers!

In addition to being an "MVP wannabe" you're also the netcop for the
group, huh?
Rick Rogers

Re: Hardware
How do you define doing homework?

It's doing research. First you ask the question, get an answer, then verify
its correctness. Whether or not someone does there howework by asking the
question directly or research the newsgroup archives on google, they are
still getting the information from here. It's not the answer so much that is
learned but the process of completing the research. The actual answers are
not always as important as the process.

Besides, OP will still need to verify the answer's correctness, requiring
additional research, as any question here can illicit all sorts of
peer group may actually require more work on the asker's part if they are
hoping to get a good grade as the person responding may know even less than
the person asking the question.

Or I could just be full of sh**....<g>

--

news8C70227-AE4B-4DB7-B0DE-6B3F5020FE3C@microsoft.com...

> How do you define doing homework?
>
> It's doing research. First you ask the question, get an answer, then
> verify its correctness. Whether or not someone does there howework by
> asking the question directly or research the newsgroup archives on google,
> they are still getting the information from here. It's not the answer so
> much that is learned but the process of completing the research. The
> actual answers are not always as important as the process.
>
> Besides, OP will still need to verify the answer's correctness, requiring
> additional research, as any question here can illicit all sorts of
> peer group may actually require more work on the asker's part if they are
> hoping to get a good grade as the person responding may know even less
> than the person asking the question.
>
> Or I could just be full of sh**....<g>

Have you seen the other posts? ;-)

Gordon

Re: Hardware
"Nonny" <nonnymoose@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 26 May 2008 20:04:46 +0100, "Gordon"
> <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>>"Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Generally, it's any piece of hardware connected to a system, either
>>> wired
>>> or wireless, that is not part of the main drive tower. Examples are the
>>> keyboard, mouse, printer, USB attachments, etc.
>>>

>>The OP is doing homework - let him find his own answers!

> In addition to being an "MVP wannabe" you're also the netcop for the
> group, huh?

Oh go away. Isn't it past your bed-time?

Richard G. Harper

Re: Hardware
Something you can get with relish at many open air food markets.