Emergency! Please Help!

Andrei

Emergency! Please Help!
Well, it all started when i wanted to change Vista to XP. The setup could not
find my Hard Drive and my friend ran some Linux thing on it and deleted my
old harddrive and setup a new one, well, nothing worked afterwards at all.
Now when i try to do the System recovery to factory standart, nothing
happens. Maybe I am pressing the wrong button at startup, does anyone know
what it is? I have A Toshiba, satellite A200 or something like that. Anyaway,
is there aw way to get my computer working again? I don't have a Vista Setup
disk, because the computer came with it and i can't create a system recovery
disk. because, well, my computer doesn't even load up anymore. Please Help
Nonny

Re: Emergency! Please Help!
On Sat, 24 May 2008 19:04:00 -0700, Andrei
<Andrei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Well, it all started when i wanted to change Vista to XP. The setup could not
>find my Hard Drive and my friend ran some Linux thing on it and deleted my
>old harddrive and setup a new one, well, nothing worked afterwards at all.

Sounds like it's time to get your "friend" back at the keyboard.
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Emergency! Please Help!
Contact Toshiba support for assistance.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246/en-gb

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Andrei" <Andrei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1836FA94-CA23-48F5-8F1B-FF24E69DB6D6@microsoft.com...
Well, it all started when i wanted to change Vista to XP. The setup could not
find my Hard Drive and my friend ran some Linux thing on it and deleted my
old harddrive and setup a new one, well, nothing worked afterwards at all.
Now when i try to do the System recovery to factory standart, nothing
happens. Maybe I am pressing the wrong button at startup, does anyone know
what it is? I have A Toshiba, satellite A200 or something like that. Anyaway,
is there aw way to get my computer working again? I don't have a Vista Setup
disk, because the computer came with it and i can't create a system recovery
disk. because, well, my computer doesn't even load up anymore. Please Help
Andrei

Re: Emergency! Please Help!
I don't think there will be anything he can do, he tried to restore my HD,
but failed miserably... isn't there any way to get my computer to at least
it's "before deletion stage" I don't mind losing drivers or programs, they
can all be recovered after, but i need my PC...
Nonny

Re: Emergency! Please Help!
On Sat, 24 May 2008 19:48:00 -0700, Andrei
<Andrei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I don't think there will be anything he can do, he tried to restore my HD,
>but failed miserably... isn't there any way to get my computer to at least
>it's "before deletion stage"

Not without a CD and a correct key for that CD.

Gordon

Re: Emergency! Please Help!
Andrei wrote:
> I don't think there will be anything he can do, he tried to restore my HD,
> but failed miserably... isn't there any way to get my computer to at least
> it's "before deletion stage" I don't mind losing drivers or programs, they
> can all be recovered after, but i need my PC...

Put in the Recovery CD into the DVD drive, restart the machine. As it
starts, press F12 until it tells you to choose the boot location. Then
choose the CDROM drive.
Nonny

Re: Emergency! Please Help!
On Sun, 25 May 2008 07:24:55 +0100, Gordon
<gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:

>Andrei wrote:
>> I don't think there will be anything he can do, he tried to restore my HD,
>> but failed miserably... isn't there any way to get my computer to at least
>> it's "before deletion stage" I don't mind losing drivers or programs, they
>> can all be recovered after, but i need my PC...

>Put in the Recovery CD into the DVD drive, restart the machine. As it
>starts, press F12 until it tells you to choose the boot location. Then
>choose the CDROM drive.

<cough> He clearly indicated that he doesn't HAVE one.
DL

Re: Emergency! Please Help!
You need to contact Toshiba direct to obtain the recovery cd's.
Without the recovery disks your Toshiba is functioning as a paperweight.
Your 'friend' probably destroyed the recovery partition that was on the hard
disk.

When you obtain a new PC read the book that came with it. In it you were
probably instructed on the method of creating the recovery cd/dvd's.

Your attempt at installing winxp failed because your hard drive is a sata
drive and requires a particular method of setting up in order to install
winxp.

Nonny wrote:
> On Sun, 25 May 2008 07:24:55 +0100, Gordon
> <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Andrei wrote:
>>> I don't think there will be anything he can do, he tried to restore my HD,
>>> but failed miserably... isn't there any way to get my computer to at least
>>> it's "before deletion stage" I don't mind losing drivers or programs, they
>>> can all be recovered after, but i need my PC...

>> Put in the Recovery CD into the DVD drive, restart the machine. As it
>> starts, press F12 until it tells you to choose the boot location. Then
>> choose the CDROM drive.

> <cough> He clearly indicated that he doesn't HAVE one.

One what? Recovery CD or CDROM drive?
Nonny

Re: Emergency! Please Help!
On Sun, 25 May 2008 09:56:36 +0100, Gordon

http://preview.tinyurl.com/6z8gtb