Ready boost and USB 2.0 PCI card

patruns

Ready boost and USB 2.0 PCI card
I have a flash drive that is enhanced for readyboost. When I plug it in to
the USB port on my PCI card Vista says it does not meet the requirements. Is
the drive the problem or does Vista require that the USB port be off the
motherboard?
Curious

Re: Ready boost and USB 2.0 PCI card
Vista does a speed performance test on any flash card/drive that you try to
configure for ready boost. It appears that your unit is not passing the
test as configured and formatted.
A directly connected card/drive has a higher probability of passing the
test then one using an a separate USB2 controller.
"patruns" <patruns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a flash drive that is enhanced for readyboost. When I plug it in to
> the USB port on my PCI card Vista says it does not meet the requirements.
> Is
> the drive the problem or does Vista require that the USB port be off the
> motherboard?

Bender

Re: Ready boost and USB 2.0 PCI card
ReadyBoost works with My 4 GB flash drive plugged into my PCI card. I also
have USB ports built into my motherboard but only provides me with 4 ports,
so that's why I added the card, since I had the spare card anyway.
My card has 5 USB ports, one inside the case and 4 outside. I have plugged
my ReadyBoost drive into the internal port and it adds a nice orange light
that I can see through the clear panel of my case along with the blue light
my power supply gives off.

"patruns" <patruns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a flash drive that is enhanced for readyboost. When I plug it in to
> the USB port on my PCI card Vista says it does not meet the requirements.
> Is
> the drive the problem or does Vista require that the USB port be off the
> motherboard?

patruns

Re: Ready boost and USB 2.0 PCI card
Does this mean I cannot use a USB drive connected to a PIC card for
readyboost? I have confirmed that the drive does supprt it.

"Curious" wrote:

> Vista does a speed performance test on any flash card/drive that you try to
> configure for ready boost. It appears that your unit is not passing the
> test as configured and formatted.
> A directly connected card/drive has a higher probability of passing the
> test then one using an a separate USB2 controller.
> "patruns" <patruns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a flash drive that is enhanced for readyboost. When I plug it in to
> > the USB port on my PCI card Vista says it does not meet the requirements.
> > Is
> > the drive the problem or does Vista require that the USB port be off the
> > motherboard?

Curious

Re: Ready boost and USB 2.0 PCI card
Here is a good reference: