Weird behavior of USB mouse

William Wong

Weird behavior of USB mouse
Dear all,

I had been running Vista Ultimate x64 for a few months and recently found
that I can only use the original USB mouse?! Installation of any USB mouse
would show a new "USB Human Interface Device" in Device Manager but it just
won't work. Installation of the very same model of my original mouse didn't
work neither. So basically I am stick with the current mouse!? I wonder if
anyone encounters this strange problem?

William

propman

Re: Weird behavior of USB mouse
William Wong wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I had been running Vista Ultimate x64 for a few months and recently
> found that I can only use the original USB mouse?! Installation of any
> USB mouse would show a new "USB Human Interface Device" in Device
> Manager but it just won't work. Installation of the very same model of
> my original mouse didn't work neither. So basically I am stick with the
> current mouse!? I wonder if anyone encounters this strange problem?
>
> William

Did you install or was Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed on your
system? There are known USB problems with the upgrade....if you do have
it installed contact Microsoft support.

William Wong

"propman" <propman@nospam.com> wrote in message

> Did you install or was Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed on your
> system? There are known USB problems with the upgrade....if you do have
> it installed contact Microsoft support.

Yes, SP1 is installed from our WSUS. BTW, my colleagues who are running 32
bit Vista Ultimate (SP1) do not get this USB problem?

William

Rick Rogers

Re: Weird behavior of USB mouse
Hi,

Try opening Device Manager and removing the original device, then reboot and
allow an alternate one to be detected and installed.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

William Wong wrote:
> "propman" <propman@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Did you install or was Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed on your
>> system? There are known USB problems with the upgrade....if you do
>> have it installed contact Microsoft support.
>>

> Yes, SP1 is installed from our WSUS. BTW, my colleagues who are running
> 32 bit Vista Ultimate (SP1) do not get this USB problem?
>
> William

I'm also running it over here with SP1 installed with no problems either
but there sure is a lot of swearing going on in other parts of the world
from rascals who are experiencing the problem. <grin>