Help with video card

vakama380

Help with video card
I recently moved my computer, before I moved it my add-in graphics card
worked fine. Now it doesn't work at all. When I plug the monitor into the
adapter cable that comes with it and turn on my computer nothing happens. I
have resorted to using my built-in graphics chip ( an Intel(R) G33/G31
Express Chipset Family but the problem is it dosen't work for many of my
games (which is why i got the new graphics card in the first place). PLEASE
HELP!!!
propman

Re: Help with video card
vakama380 wrote:
> I recently moved my computer, before I moved it my add-in graphics card
> worked fine. Now it doesn't work at all. When I plug the monitor into the
> adapter cable that comes with it and turn on my computer nothing happens. I
> have resorted to using my built-in graphics chip ( an Intel(R) G33/G31
> Express Chipset Family but the problem is it dosen't work for many of my
> games (which is why i got the new graphics card in the first place). PLEASE
> HELP!!!

Have you tried physically removing the card from it's slot and then
re-installing it.....should be the first thing you do. :-)

vakama380

Re: Help with video card
I never thought it would be so simple, but it was and it worked! Thanks a ton
man, I'm sure you just saved me some money.

"propman" wrote:

> vakama380 wrote:
> > I recently moved my computer, before I moved it my add-in graphics card
> > worked fine. Now it doesn't work at all. When I plug the monitor into the
> > adapter cable that comes with it and turn on my computer nothing happens. I
> > have resorted to using my built-in graphics chip ( an Intel(R) G33/G31
> > Express Chipset Family but the problem is it dosen't work for many of my
> > games (which is why i got the new graphics card in the first place). PLEASE
> > HELP!!!

> Have you tried physically removing the card from it's slot and then
> re-installing it.....should be the first thing you do. :-)

propman

Re: Help with video card

Fantastic! :-) Thanks for posting back to the group with your success
results.....might come in handy for future participants who are
experiencing the same kind of problem. :-)