Actiontec Internet Phone Wizard Driver Problem

Laddrmac39

Actiontec Internet Phone Wizard Driver Problem
I have an Actiontec internet phone wizard model up101 and of course it worked
fine with XP. Vista auto detected when I upgraded operating systems from XP
however it didnt work. I checked the manufacture's website and no driver was
posted. I emailed actiontec and they emailed me a driver supposedly for
"vista". Ok. When I try to install the driver, windows says the current
driver (from microsoft) is a better driver and wont let me override the
driver that actiontec mailed me. I've tried an uninstall. Ive tried to
update the driver. And Vista keeps installing the onboard driver I dont
want. I cant for the life of me figure out how to overide vista's driver
selection. Help.
propman

Re: Actiontec Internet Phone Wizard Driver Problem
Laddrmac39 wrote:
> I have an Actiontec internet phone wizard model up101 and of course it worked
> fine with XP. Vista auto detected when I upgraded operating systems from XP
> however it didnt work. I checked the manufacture's website and no driver was
> posted. I emailed actiontec and they emailed me a driver supposedly for
> "vista". Ok. When I try to install the driver, windows says the current
> driver (from microsoft) is a better driver and wont let me override the
> driver that actiontec mailed me. I've tried an uninstall. Ive tried to
> update the driver. And Vista keeps installing the onboard driver I dont
> want. I cant for the life of me figure out how to overide vista's driver
> selection. Help.

Have you tried disconnecting the unit from your computer, then uninstall
the old drivers.....then still leaving the phone unit disconnected,
install the new drivers, then reattach phone unit.

berndt s

Re: Actiontec Internet Phone Wizard Driver Problem

I have the same problem. Please mail the Vista Driver for the Actiontec
Internet Phone Wizard to:

SchleiferBH@comcast.net

Thanks!

--
berndt s
Chuck

Re: Actiontec Internet Phone Wizard Driver Problem
The newsgroup is supported in the main by non Microsoft volunteers.
We have no idea what the "same problem" is. Next, we do not "mail" Vista
drivers for anything to anyone.
If we know of a source for a driver, we may post the web address, or perhaps
list a search key that will result in a listing of an appropriate address.
Finally, if you think that there is such a driver, you should be looking for
it on one of the Microsoft servers/websites,
Or on a website that supports the "Actiontec Internet Phone Wizard". The
mfrs product support links are dead for this item. Evidently, Actiontec no
longer provides support.