> com64 wrote:
> > Whoever at microsoft came up with this 'feature' should be shot. I've hunted
> > and hunted for a way out of this but can't come up with anything.
> > The problem is this: whenever I click on a DVD drive in explorer, the damn
> > tray door opens. Because I have doors on my computer, this basically damages
> > the tray and is an all-around annoyance. If I'm going to put a disc in I'll
> > use the button on the drive, thanks.
> > Anybody know of a fix for this?
> Vista will only open your CD-RW and DVD RW drive automatically if there
> is no disc been inserted yet. If you want to disable this feature, there
> is a trick to disable or turn off Windows Vista auto eject function, by
> disabling Windows Vista built-in CD/DVD burning feature, which does not
> affect ability to burn disc using third party program or burning engine.
Thanks! Works a treat :0) I never used Vista's burn 'feature' anyway (who
know's where MS's noses are nowadays?)
For anybody who can't be bothered following the link or translating the bad
english, here's the short way:
1. Run gpedit.msc (Group Policy Editor)
2. Local Group Policy-->User Configuration-->Administrative Templates-->
Windows Components-->Windows Explorer
3. Double click on 'Remove CD burning features'
4. Select 'Enabled', click OK
5. Restart computer or log off and log on again
6. To reset, change back to 'Not Configured' or 'Disabled'