Windows firewall/printing

Ray Kilham

Windows firewall/printing
I am using Vista ultimate with a new Canon LBP2900I laser printer.

If I print with the windows firewall turned on it takes an age ti get a
print out, if I turn off the firewall it prints stright away.

All the drivers are up to date.

In the firewall exceptions the printer is listed and ticked, any ideas
anyone please.

Regards

Ray
ALVARO DE CASTRO VASCONCELLOS

Re: Windows firewall/printing
open your firewall. go to exception and add your print and click on box
(mark)

"Ray Kilham" <RayKilham@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na notÃ*cia da
mensagem0EE1CEF-A4EC-411C-8700-4F7B3F70ABB2@microsoft.com...
> I am using Vista ultimate with a new Canon LBP2900I laser printer.
>
> If I print with the windows firewall turned on it takes an age ti get a
> print out, if I turn off the firewall it prints stright away.
>
> All the drivers are up to date.
>
> In the firewall exceptions the printer is listed and ticked, any ideas
> anyone please.
>
> Regards
>
> Ray

Ray Kilham

Re: Windows firewall/printing
Read my post, this is already done.

"ALVARO DE CASTRO VASCONCELLOS" wrote:

> open your firewall. go to exception and add your print and click on box
> (mark)
>
> "Ray Kilham" <RayKilham@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na notÃ*cia da
> mensagem0EE1CEF-A4EC-411C-8700-4F7B3F70ABB2@microsoft.com...
> > I am using Vista ultimate with a new Canon LBP2900I laser printer.
> >
> > If I print with the windows firewall turned on it takes an age ti get a
> > print out, if I turn off the firewall it prints stright away.
> >
> > All the drivers are up to date.
> >
> > In the firewall exceptions the printer is listed and ticked, any ideas
> > anyone please.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Ray

propman

Re: Windows firewall/printing

Did you ever try installing another firewall(s) to try and narrow down
the problem area?

Ray Kilham wrote:
> Read my post, this is already done.
>
> "ALVARO DE CASTRO VASCONCELLOS" wrote:
>
>> open your firewall. go to exception and add your print and click on box
>> (mark)
>>
>> "Ray Kilham" <RayKilham@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na notÃ*cia da
>> mensagem0EE1CEF-A4EC-411C-8700-4F7B3F70ABB2@microsoft.com...
>>> I am using Vista ultimate with a new Canon LBP2900I laser printer.
>>>
>>> If I print with the windows firewall turned on it takes an age ti get a
>>> print out, if I turn off the firewall it prints stright away.
>>>
>>> All the drivers are up to date.
>>>
>>> In the firewall exceptions the printer is listed and ticked, any ideas
>>> anyone please.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Ray

Ray Kilham

Re: Windows firewall/printing
Now sorted, Canon said it was a problem with their software, got patch from
canon tech support, now working fine.

"propman" wrote:

> Did you ever try installing another firewall(s) to try and narrow down
> the problem area?
>

> Ray Kilham wrote:
> > Read my post, this is already done.
> >
> > "ALVARO DE CASTRO VASCONCELLOS" wrote:
> >
> >> open your firewall. go to exception and add your print and click on box
> >> (mark)
> >>
> >> "Ray Kilham" <RayKilham@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na notÃ*cia da
> >> mensagem0EE1CEF-A4EC-411C-8700-4F7B3F70ABB2@microsoft.com...

propman

Re: Windows firewall/printing

Good to hear, Ray! Thanks for posting your success in overcoming this
problem....might help someone else in the future. :-)