ArkMicro USB to Serial Ports

TorontoVista

ArkMicro USB to Serial Ports
Below is the message I received. Does anyone know what it means?

Compatibility issue between ArkMicro USB to Serial Ports and Windows

This problem was caused by a compatibility issue between this version of
Windows and ArkMicro USB to Serial Ports, which was created by ArkMicro.

Recommendation

To search for similar devices that are compatible with Windows Vista, go to
the Windows Vista Hardware Compatibility List website online.

Rate this response:Provide Feedback

propman

Re: ArkMicro USB to Serial Ports
TorontoVista wrote:
> Below is the message I received. Does anyone know what it means?
>

> Compatibility issue between ArkMicro USB to Serial Ports and Windows
>
> This problem was caused by a compatibility issue between this version of
> Windows and ArkMicro USB to Serial Ports, which was created by ArkMicro.
>
> Recommendation

See what Windows version(s) your device is compatible with and if not
supported in Vista, install/run them in relevant Windows version
compatibility mode.

FWIW, ran across this review while researching your unit:

8 of 10 people found the following review helpful:
2.0 out of 5 stars Installing drivers a nightmare, 16 Sep 2006
By Dave345 - See all my reviews
This cable works, and I can upload and download routes to my GPS and see
my position on a map. The price is good, but if you can afford it spend
more money for better support.

I am giving this two stars because installing the drivers was a
nightmare. No CD was supplied. The drivers on the Manhattan web site use
a different chip set (Profilic), and there were about 4 to try. I then
got the vendor ID from USB identifier in the device manager, looked this
up (6547 - ArkMicro) and went to their web site. However I couldn't see
where to download the drivers from. I then signed up (expecting spam) to
driverguide.com and got the drivers from there. The drivers recognized
the hardware, but didn't work. I then had to allow the drivers to run
without them being signed, so goodness knows what this is doing to my
system integrity.
xzynf520

Re: ArkMicro USB to Serial Ports

i donnot know

--
xzynf520
xzynf520's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/94054.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Addison Steele

Re: ArkMicro USB to Serial Ports
On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:11:41 +0530, xzynf520
<xzynf520.3raafc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

>i donnot know

You're a complete idiot. A moron.

Only a complete idiot or moron would answer a question asked over a
year ago in a thread that died the same day it was asked.