Integrated Realtek Network Adapter

tnana is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Integrated Realtek Network Adapter
Just bought a recertified Gateway GT5622

Everything is working fine (so far) except that it does not recognize integrated Ethernet adapter at all. On advise of support guys did driver reinstall several time including while in Safe Mode. Even restored factory settings i.e. reinstalled OS.

If I run "pnputil -e" then the adapter package is listed but the adapter just does not show up in Device Manager.

Already verified that it is enabled in BIOS.

Netgear USB adapter worked just fine after installing vista driver for it.

Thinking of putting in a PCI card but that will occupy one slot. Only 3 PCI slots are available - standard, Express 1 and Express 16.
chinga69

Re: Integrated Realtek Network Adapter

does it work in safe mode ?

reinstall vista and check if it works

--
chinga69

CHEERS CHINGA69
GTS

Re: Integrated Realtek Network Adapter
It's possible that there is a hardware problem with the integrated NIC.
I've seen them from time to time. If it's feasible for you, I suggest
testing the computer with a different CD bootable OS (like Knoppix or
UBCD4WIN) and checking it there. This should confirm whether it is a
hardware or a Vista issue.
--

"tnana" <tnana.39mgkg@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Just bought a recertified Gateway GT5622
>
> Everything is working fine (so far) except that it does not recognize
> integrated Ethernet adapter at all. On advise of support guys did driver
> reinstall several time including while in Safe Mode. Even restored
> factory settings i.e. reinstalled OS.
>
> If I run "pnputil -e" then the adapter package is listed but the
> adapter just does not show up in Device Manager.
>
> Already verified that it is enabled in BIOS.
>
> Netgear USB adapter worked just fine after installing vista driver for
> it.
>
> Thinking of putting in a PCI card but that will occupy one slot. Only 3
> PCI slots are available - standard, Express 1 and Express 16.
>

> --
> tnana

Brink

tnana;715541 Wrote:
> Just bought a recertified Gateway GT5622
>
> Everything is working fine (so far) except that it does not recognize
> integrated Ethernet adapter at all. On advise of support guys did
> driver
> reinstall several time including while in Safe Mode. Even restored
> factory settings i.e. reinstalled OS.
>
> If I run "pnputil -e" then the adapter package is listed but the
> adapter just does not show up in Device Manager.
>
> Already verified that it is enabled in BIOS.
>
> Netgear USB adapter worked just fine after installing vista driver for
> it.
>
> Thinking of putting in a PCI card but that will occupy one slot. Only 3
> PCI slots are available - standard, Express 1 and Express 16.
>

> --
> tnana

Hi Tnana,

Have you already installed the motherboard chipset drivers? Sometime
this is will be required before some devices will work properly.

'Gateway Support Drivers & Downloads'
(http://support.gateway.com/support/d...param=1014733R)

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
DL

Re: Integrated Realtek Network Adapter
Does 'recertified' mean that the system is one that has been repaired then
sold to you, if so it would appear the repair wasnt successfull

"tnana" <tnana.39mgkg@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Just bought a recertified Gateway GT5622
>
> Everything is working fine (so far) except that it does not recognize
> integrated Ethernet adapter at all. On advise of support guys did driver
> reinstall several time including while in Safe Mode. Even restored
> factory settings i.e. reinstalled OS.
>
> If I run "pnputil -e" then the adapter package is listed but the
> adapter just does not show up in Device Manager.
>
> Already verified that it is enabled in BIOS.
>
> Netgear USB adapter worked just fine after installing vista driver for
> it.
>
> Thinking of putting in a PCI card but that will occupy one slot. Only 3
> PCI slots are available - standard, Express 1 and Express 16.
>

> --
> tnana

Pavel A.

Re: Integrated Realtek Network Adapter
Apology for a silly question, but had your support guys
checked that it is enabled in the BIOS?

--PA

"tnana" <tnana.39mgkg@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Just bought a recertified Gateway GT5622
>
> Everything is working fine (so far) except that it does not recognize
> integrated Ethernet adapter at all. On advise of support guys did driver
> reinstall several time including while in Safe Mode. Even restored
> factory settings i.e. reinstalled OS.
>
> If I run "pnputil -e" then the adapter package is listed but the
> adapter just does not show up in Device Manager.
>
> Already verified that it is enabled in BIOS.
>
> Netgear USB adapter worked just fine after installing vista driver for
> it.
>
> Thinking of putting in a PCI card but that will occupy one slot. Only 3
> PCI slots are available - standard, Express 1 and Express 16.
>

> --
> tnana

tnana is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for all the replies.

The recertied indeed means it was repaired and tested.

I did not see the adapter in safe mode.

I myself verified that adapter is enabled in BIOS.

I will try reinstalling Chipset drivers and if that does not work then consider bootable OS.

Thanks again.
Cyberbear

tnana wrote:
> Thanks for all the replies.
>
> The recertied indeed means it was repaired and tested.
>
> I did not see the adapter in safe mode.
>
> I myself verified that adapter is enabled in BIOS.
>
> I will try reinstalling Chipset drivers and if that does not work then
> consider bootable OS.
>
> Thanks again.

If you just purchased that from Gateway it should still have a
warranty. You should have them replace the motherboard. If
re-installing the drivers did not enable the network interface
then it is probably defective.