USB ports; they show a Yellow Exclamation mark Error 39 Vista

eaglenisa

USB ports; they show a Yellow Exclamation mark Error 39 Vista
Hi

PLEASE HELP!

This is the first time I am using Support and hope there is somebody who
can help me. I have had a constant problem with the USB ports; they show a
Yellow Exclamation mark on all the Intel (R) 82801Gg (ICH7 Family) USB
Controllers

Under universal bus controllers

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the
driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code
is 39.

When this happens I usually do a system restore to a previous day and it
fixes the problem, but this time I had no restore points to go back to. I
have installed the drivers from the CD but they keep failing. I have
uninstalled the drivers/hardware and reinstalled but it still shows the
yellow mark. Something is preventing the drivers from loading. I have also
disabled antivirus and firewall but still nothing.

Could you please advise what to do urgently as I can not use anything in my
USB PORTS.

My Computer spec is as follows:-

1. Intel CPU CORE 2 DUO
2. INTEL d975xbx2 Quade-Core Motherboard
3. Geforce 8600 GTS
4. Vista Ultimate 32bit oem

Many Thanks
Eaglenisa

IkidUnot

RE: USB ports; they show a Yellow Exclamation mark Error 39 Vista
I guess the first thing I'd try is to see if the motherboard manufacturer has
any info. specific to this issue and/or if they've got newer chipset drivers
for Windows.

It seems odd to me that you could fix this by restoring your system to any
restore point that you've got onhand, rather than a restore point that was
made before a certain event occurred. Sorry If I got the wrong impression,
but that's sort of how it sounded when I read your post.

Please report back with any info you find - or if you need more help, so
that others can benefit!

--
-me.
Let this forum know if this helps or if you figure out the problem, so

"eaglenisa" wrote:

> Hi
>
> PLEASE HELP!
>
> This is the first time I am using Support and hope there is somebody who
> can help me. I have had a constant problem with the USB ports; they show a
> Yellow Exclamation mark on all the Intel (R) 82801Gg (ICH7 Family) USB
> Controllers
>
> Under universal bus controllers
>
> Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
> corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

> Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the
> driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code
> is 39.
>
> When this happens I usually do a system restore to a previous day and it
> fixes the problem, but this time I had no restore points to go back to. I
> have installed the drivers from the CD but they keep failing. I have
> uninstalled the drivers/hardware and reinstalled but it still shows the
> yellow mark. Something is preventing the drivers from loading. I have also
> disabled antivirus and firewall but still nothing.
>
> Could you please advise what to do urgently as I can not use anything in my
> USB PORTS.
>
> My Computer spec is as follows:-
>
> 1. Intel CPU CORE 2 DUO
> 2. INTEL d975xbx2 Quade-Core Motherboard
> 3. Geforce 8600 GTS
> 4. Vista Ultimate 32bit oem
>
> Many Thanks
> Eaglenisa

Michael

RE: USB ports; they show a Yellow Exclamation mark Error 39 Vista
Uninstall the drivers and reinstall them