lifecam vx3000 stops windows from starting

caealday

lifecam vx3000 stops windows from starting
I installed Lifecam XV300 on my windows vista laptop last night and
everything worked fine. I turned the comp off overnight and when I started
it up again this morning, Vista could not start. I got a message saying that
Windows would search for a solution to the restart problem. After ten
minutes, it came back and said it could not fix the problem. It said the
problem was caused by a device driver. Well, since the cam is the only thing
I've installed on this comp lately, I know that's the problem. It took me
forever to figure out how to get Windows to start and one random time it
finally did, but now I'm afraid to turn my comp off without figuring out how
to fix the driver issue first. Has anyone had this happen to them or know
what I should do? Thanks.
peter c.a.hawkins

RE: lifecam vx3000 stops windows from starting
Have you gone to the cam website and downloaded version 1.4?
here:-http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/digitalcommunication/DownloadResult.aspx?prod=VX3000&os=vista32bit&lang =en&driverVersion=LifeCam%201.4%2032-bit%20and%2064-bit%20for%20Windows%20Vista

"caealday" wrote:

> I installed Lifecam XV300 on my windows vista laptop last night and
> everything worked fine. I turned the comp off overnight and when I started
> it up again this morning, Vista could not start. I got a message saying that
> Windows would search for a solution to the restart problem. After ten
> minutes, it came back and said it could not fix the problem. It said the
> problem was caused by a device driver. Well, since the cam is the only thing
> I've installed on this comp lately, I know that's the problem. It took me
> forever to figure out how to get Windows to start and one random time it
> finally did, but now I'm afraid to turn my comp off without figuring out how
> to fix the driver issue first. Has anyone had this happen to them or know
> what I should do? Thanks.

caealday

RE: lifecam vx3000 stops windows from starting
Yes, I downloaded the newer version, but it still didn'twork. So, I decided
to just uninstall the whole thing and forget about it, but now I still can't
restart Windows properly. I have to try two or three times before it will
just randomly decide to start. I'm worried that one of these times it isn't
going to start. GRRR... What do I do now? Is there something else besides
uninstalling it that I should do to repair my system? Thanks for anyone's
help. I really appreciate it.

"peter c.a.hawkins" wrote:

> Have you gone to the cam website and downloaded version 1.4?
> here:-http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/digitalcommunication/DownloadResult.aspx?prod=VX3000&os=vista32bit&lang =en&driverVersion=LifeCam%201.4%2032-bit%20and%2064-bit%20for%20Windows%20Vista
>
> "caealday" wrote:
>
> > I installed Lifecam XV300 on my windows vista laptop last night and
> > everything worked fine. I turned the comp off overnight and when I started
> > it up again this morning, Vista could not start. I got a message saying that
> > Windows would search for a solution to the restart problem. After ten
> > minutes, it came back and said it could not fix the problem. It said the
> > problem was caused by a device driver. Well, since the cam is the only thing
> > I've installed on this comp lately, I know that's the problem. It took me
> > forever to figure out how to get Windows to start and one random time it
> > finally did, but now I'm afraid to turn my comp off without figuring out how
> > to fix the driver issue first. Has anyone had this happen to them or know
> > what I should do? Thanks.

peter c.a.hawkins

RE: lifecam vx3000 stops windows from starting
Device manager:-Any yellow ! marks
Event viewer: Any errors.
Click on windows experience index,then advanced tools :generate a system
health report,see what that states,also see if there are any performance
issues.