Novatel Wireless Merlin S720 PCMCIA card

John A Grandy

Novatel Wireless Merlin S720 PCMCIA card
I have a Novatel Wireless Merlin S720 card.

In my Toshiba Satellite P105-S921 laptop, this card fits snugly in the
PCMCIA slot and the power light lights-up.

However, in my Toshiba Satellite X205-SLI4 laptop, this card does not fit
snugly in the PCMCIA slot ( it jiggles back and forth ) and the power light
does not light-up.

What could be causing this ?

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Novatel Wireless Merlin S720 PCMCIA card
What did Novatel say about this when you asked them?

"John A Grandy" <johnagrandy@g-mail-dot-com> wrote in message
>I have a Novatel Wireless Merlin S720 card.
>
> In my Toshiba Satellite P105-S921 laptop, this card fits snugly in the
> PCMCIA slot and the power light lights-up.
>
> However, in my Toshiba Satellite X205-SLI4 laptop, this card does not fit
> snugly in the PCMCIA slot ( it jiggles back and forth ) and the power
> light does not light-up.
>
> What could be causing this ?

Richard G. Harper

Re: Novatel Wireless Merlin S720 PCMCIA card
Does your new laptop have a standard PCMCIA slot, or a newer PCCard slot?
The two are not compatible and cards that fit one won't work on thhe other
and vice versa.

"John A Grandy" <johnagrandy@g-mail-dot-com> wrote in message
>I have a Novatel Wireless Merlin S720 card.
>
> In my Toshiba Satellite P105-S921 laptop, this card fits snugly in the
> PCMCIA slot and the power light lights-up.
>
> However, in my Toshiba Satellite X205-SLI4 laptop, this card does not fit
> snugly in the PCMCIA slot ( it jiggles back and forth ) and the power
> light does not light-up.
>
> What could be causing this ?

John A Grandy

Re: Novatel Wireless Merlin S720 PCMCIA card
Damn. I thought you'd say that.

I suppose there isn't an adapter I could buy ?

> Does your new laptop have a standard PCMCIA slot, or a newer PCCard slot?
> The two are not compatible and cards that fit one won't work on thhe other
> and vice versa.

> "John A Grandy" <johnagrandy@g-mail-dot-com> wrote in message
>>I have a Novatel Wireless Merlin S720 card.
>>
>> In my Toshiba Satellite P105-S921 laptop, this card fits snugly in the
>> PCMCIA slot and the power light lights-up.
>>
>> However, in my Toshiba Satellite X205-SLI4 laptop, this card does not fit
>> snugly in the PCMCIA slot ( it jiggles back and forth ) and the power
>> light does not light-up.
>>
>> What could be causing this ?

Richard G. Harper

Re: Novatel Wireless Merlin S720 PCMCIA card
No, there is not.

And please don't swear at me, I don't appreciate that kind of language.

> Damn. I thought you'd say that.
>
> I suppose there isn't an adapter I could buy ?
>
> "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> wrote in message
>> Does your new laptop have a standard PCMCIA slot, or a newer PCCard slot?
>> The two are not compatible and cards that fit one won't work on thhe
>> other and vice versa.

>> "John A Grandy" <johnagrandy@g-mail-dot-com> wrote in message
>>>I have a Novatel Wireless Merlin S720 card.
>>>
>>> In my Toshiba Satellite P105-S921 laptop, this card fits snugly in the
>>> PCMCIA slot and the power light lights-up.
>>>
>>> However, in my Toshiba Satellite X205-SLI4 laptop, this card does not
>>> fit snugly in the PCMCIA slot ( it jiggles back and forth ) and the
>>> power light does not light-up.
>>>
>>> What could be causing this ?

John A Grandy

Re: Novatel Wireless Merlin S720 PCMCIA card
Who's swearing at you ? Where I come from people say "damn" all time out of
frustration and other causes. Come to think of it, everywhere I've
travelled in the US it's the same way. Not sure where you could be that
would interpret it differently.

> No, there is not.
>
> And please don't swear at me, I don't appreciate that kind of language.

> "John A Grandy" <johnagrandy@g-mail-dot-com> wrote in message
>> Damn. I thought you'd say that.
>>
>> I suppose there isn't an adapter I could buy ?
>>
>> "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> wrote in message
>>> Does your new laptop have a standard PCMCIA slot, or a newer PCCard
>>> slot? The two are not compatible and cards that fit one won't work on
>>> thhe other and vice versa.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
>>> * NEW! Catch my blog ... http://msmvps.com/blogs/rgharper/
>>> * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
>>> * The Website - http://rgharper.mvps.org/

Richard G. Harper

Re: Novatel Wireless Merlin S720 PCMCIA card
Perhaps I am simply someone who is offended by foul language. I could be
next door to you, or in some other country, or maybe another planet. I do
not routinely use such language to people I don't know because I don't know
how they may react to it. I also don't use it where young folk may be
present. Such is considered common courtesy in most of the world.

> Who's swearing at you ? Where I come from people say ...

propman

Re: Novatel Wireless Merlin S720 PCMCIA card

good job you aren't a movie critic having to do a review of the 1958 film
"Damn Yankees", then isn't it? :-)