HP1012 and Access XP

Ed

HP1012 and Access XP
Due to eight year old PC blown fan and burn mother board. I was FORCED
to move to Vista.

After multiple Blue Screen and other hassle, I finally got Office XP
to install on my Dell 360 desktop.

Office seems to work except for the known screw over by M$ about
passwords to Outlook and printer problems with Access.

Access seems to work ok. However I sometimes can't print or use print
preview. I say sometimes because depending of which Print or Preview
Icon you use ie ON TOP or DROP DOWN MENU, It may or may not work Most
it doesn't work.

However if I use the HP Photosmart 7350 using a HP 5550 driver as
default printer. Everything works fine.

So I am assuming like scores of other folks, I got issues with HP1012
and Vista.

Any suggestion?

ED

http://www.usenet.com
Colin Barnhorst

Re: HP1012 and Access XP
Who forced you to move to Vista?

"Ed" <sathered@wvi.com> wrote in message
> Due to eight year old PC blown fan and burn mother board. I was FORCED
> to move to Vista.
>
> After multiple Blue Screen and other hassle, I finally got Office XP
> to install on my Dell 360 desktop.
>
> Office seems to work except for the known screw over by M$ about
> passwords to Outlook and printer problems with Access.
>

> Access seems to work ok. However I sometimes can't print or use print
> preview. I say sometimes because depending of which Print or Preview
> Icon you use ie ON TOP or DROP DOWN MENU, It may or may not work Most
> it doesn't work.
>
> However if I use the HP Photosmart 7350 using a HP 5550 driver as
> default printer. Everything works fine.
>
> So I am assuming like scores of other folks, I got issues with HP1012
> and Vista.
>
> Any suggestion?
>
> ED

> http://www.usenet.com

Ed

Re: HP1012 and Access XP

Dell Computer is preloaded with Vista. M$ is closing out XP. PLEASE
don't waste bandwidth on STUPID RESPONSE.

On Sun, 11 May 2008 15:29:32 -0600, "Colin Barnhorst"
<c.barnhorst@comcast.net> wrote:

>Who forced you to move to Vista?
>
>"Ed" <sathered@wvi.com> wrote in message
>news:3goe2495psn095rilr57am4a4ohus66k37@4ax.com.. .
>> Due to eight year old PC blown fan and burn mother board. I was FORCED
>> to move to Vista.
>>
>> After multiple Blue Screen and other hassle, I finally got Office XP
>> to install on my Dell 360 desktop.
>>
>> Office seems to work except for the known screw over by M$ about
>> passwords to Outlook and printer problems with Access.
>>

>> Access seems to work ok. However I sometimes can't print or use print
>> preview. I say sometimes because depending of which Print or Preview
>> Icon you use ie ON TOP or DROP DOWN MENU, It may or may not work Most
>> it doesn't work.
>>
>> However if I use the HP Photosmart 7350 using a HP 5550 driver as
>> default printer. Everything works fine.
>>
>> So I am assuming like scores of other folks, I got issues with HP1012
>> and Vista.
>>
>> Any suggestion?
>>
>> ED
>>
>> Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
http://www.usenet.com
Colin Barnhorst

Re: HP1012 and Access XP
I just looked at a new Compaq on the HP website that ships with XP.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/series/ca...computer_store

> Dell Computer is preloaded with Vista. M$ is closing out XP. PLEASE
> don't waste bandwidth on STUPID RESPONSE.
>

> On Sun, 11 May 2008 15:29:32 -0600, "Colin Barnhorst"
> <c.barnhorst@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>Who forced you to move to Vista?
>>
>>"Ed" <sathered@wvi.com> wrote in message
>>news:3goe2495psn095rilr57am4a4ohus66k37@4ax.com. ..
>>> Due to eight year old PC blown fan and burn mother board. I was FORCED
>>> to move to Vista.
>>>
>>> After multiple Blue Screen and other hassle, I finally got Office XP
>>> to install on my Dell 360 desktop.
>>>
>>> Office seems to work except for the known screw over by M$ about
>>> passwords to Outlook and printer problems with Access.
>>>

>>> Access seems to work ok. However I sometimes can't print or use print
>>> preview. I say sometimes because depending of which Print or Preview
>>> Icon you use ie ON TOP or DROP DOWN MENU, It may or may not work Most
>>> it doesn't work.
>>>
>>> However if I use the HP Photosmart 7350 using a HP 5550 driver as
>>> default printer. Everything works fine.
>>>
>>> So I am assuming like scores of other folks, I got issues with HP1012
>>> and Vista.
>>>
>>> Any suggestion?
>>>
>>> ED
>>>
>>> Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
> http://www.usenet.com

DL

Re: HP1012 and Access XP
Dell supplies PC's with WinXp
If as you say scores of other folks have problems with this printer, but
using a different printer / driver works, then perhaps change the printer

"Ed" <sathered@wvi.com> wrote in message

> Dell Computer is preloaded with Vista. M$ is closing out XP. PLEASE
> don't waste bandwidth on STUPID RESPONSE.
>

> On Sun, 11 May 2008 15:29:32 -0600, "Colin Barnhorst"
> <c.barnhorst@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>Who forced you to move to Vista?
>>
>>"Ed" <sathered@wvi.com> wrote in message
>>news:3goe2495psn095rilr57am4a4ohus66k37@4ax.com. ..
>>> Due to eight year old PC blown fan and burn mother board. I was FORCED
>>> to move to Vista.
>>>
>>> After multiple Blue Screen and other hassle, I finally got Office XP
>>> to install on my Dell 360 desktop.
>>>
>>> Office seems to work except for the known screw over by M$ about
>>> passwords to Outlook and printer problems with Access.
>>>

>>> Access seems to work ok. However I sometimes can't print or use print
>>> preview. I say sometimes because depending of which Print or Preview
>>> Icon you use ie ON TOP or DROP DOWN MENU, It may or may not work Most
>>> it doesn't work.
>>>
>>> However if I use the HP Photosmart 7350 using a HP 5550 driver as
>>> default printer. Everything works fine.
>>>
>>> So I am assuming like scores of other folks, I got issues with HP1012
>>> and Vista.
>>>
>>> Any suggestion?
>>>
>>> ED
>>>
>>> Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
> http://www.usenet.com

jabloomf1230

Re: HP1012 and Access XP
Install the HP1012 as an HP1015. That driver is included with Vista, but
you have to select the driver manually. It should end up on Port
DOT4_001, but it might be slightly different on you computer. Google "HP
Laserjet 1012" and "Vista" if you have a problem.

And PS, don't buy another HP product. The only hardware company that is
worse when it comes to providing provides updated drivers is Creative.
HP used Vista as an excuse to abandon a lot of its older printers and
scanners.