How do I Dual boot vista and XP with two hard drives?

init4luck

How do I Dual boot vista and XP with two hard drives?
I bought a new computer with Vista installed on it. I have an old computer
with xp on it. I plan to add the old hard drive with xp to my new computer
so I would have both hard drives and both O.S. on one computer. I would like
to have a dual boot option between the two systems/hard drives. If this is
possible can someone give me some detailed instructions on how to achieve it.
Thanks in advance for your help.
--
lucky one
Colin Barnhorst

Re: How do I Dual boot vista and XP with two hard drives?
If XP came preinstalled on your old computer (OEM) then the license does not
permit moving the OS to a new computer, even when you move the whole hard
drive and all. If it is a retail copy of XP I suggest that you run XP in a
virtual machine on your new computer and avoid the whole issue of dual
booting. That way you can run both Vista and XP at the same time instead of
having to pick one or the other.

"init4luck" <init4luck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I bought a new computer with Vista installed on it. I have an old computer
> with xp on it. I plan to add the old hard drive with xp to my new
> computer
> so I would have both hard drives and both O.S. on one computer. I would
> like
> to have a dual boot option between the two systems/hard drives. If this
> is
> possible can someone give me some detailed instructions on how to achieve
> it.
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> --
> lucky one

Jawade

Re: How do I Dual boot vista and XP with two hard drives?
In article <05E5C95A-EAC8-49D6-A9DA-1C50B3AB2668@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-8?B?aW5pdDRsdWNr?=
<init4luck@discussions.microsoft.com> says...
> I bought a new computer with Vista installed on it. I have an old computer
> with xp on it. I plan to add the old hard drive with xp to my new computer
> so I would have both hard drives and both O.S. on one computer. I would like
> to have a dual boot option between the two systems/hard drives. If this is
> possible can someone give me some detailed instructions on how to achieve it.
> Thanks in advance for your help.

For several reasons it is not possible. At first, the XP was not
installed on the new hardware, and second, the XP should only
work from the place he was installed, most the first drive and
the first partition.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten, Jawade. Weer update BackUp-prog.
http://jawade.nl/ Met een mirror op http://jawade.fortunecity.com/