new hardware vs. windows vista

Alissia

new hardware vs. windows vista
i put a usb-cable from my logitech webcam into my computer, but because i
have windows vista, my computer can't find the hardware. what should i do now?
John Barnett MVP

Re: new hardware vs. windows vista
If it can't find he hardware then the drivers aren't installed. First of all
check the Logitech site to see if they have Vista compatible drivers for
your web cam. If they do download then and install them, then plug your web
cam in and Vista should recognise the camera.

I have a Logitech Quick Cam Zoom web cam and surprisingly enough it doesn't
work with the latest Vista driver, but it does work with the XP driver that
came with the web cam. So you might also try installing the drivers that
came with the web cam to see if those work.

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Alissia" <Alissia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i put a usb-cable from my logitech webcam into my computer, but because i
> have windows vista, my computer can't find the hardware. what should i do
> now?

Brink

Alissia;708960 Wrote:
> i put a usb-cable from my logitech webcam into my computer, but because
> have windows vista, my computer can't find the hardware. what should i
> do now?

Hi Alissia,

Did you install the Vista driver version for the webcam first, then
plug the webcam in?

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Alissia

Re: new hardware vs. windows vista
no, but now i'm searching on the net for the driver, but i can't find the
driver for Logitech Quickcam Zoom...
how do i know which driver to look for?

"Brink" wrote:

> Alissia;708960 Wrote:
> > i put a usb-cable from my logitech webcam into my computer, but because
> > have windows vista, my computer can't find the hardware. what should i
> > do now?

> Hi Alissia,
>
> Did you install the Vista driver version for the webcam first, then
> plug the webcam in?
>
> Hope this helps,
> Shawn
>

> --
> Brink
>
> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
> them.*
> '*VISTA FORUMS*' (http://www.vistax64.com)

Curious

Re: new hardware vs. windows vista
If you have not yet updated to SP1 then you may want to since there are many
USB fixes in SP1.
"Alissia" <Alissia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i put a usb-cable from my logitech webcam into my computer, but because i
> have windows vista, my computer can't find the hardware. what should i do
> now?

Alissia

Re: new hardware vs. windows vista
what's SP1? (i'm sorry, i don't know much about computer stuff)

"Curious" wrote:

> If you have not yet updated to SP1 then you may want to since there are many
> USB fixes in SP1.
> "Alissia" <Alissia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i put a usb-cable from my logitech webcam into my computer, but because i
> > have windows vista, my computer can't find the hardware. what should i do
> > now?

Cal Bear '66

Re: new hardware vs. windows vista
The Logitech QuickCam Zoom is NOT compatible with Windows Vista.

See:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/40...us,en&legacy=1

You will have to upgrade to a newer web cam.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Alissia;709013 Wrote:
> no, but now i'm searching on the net for the driver, but i can't find
> the
> driver for Logitech Quickcam Zoom...
> how do i know which driver to look for?
>
> "Brink" wrote:
> > > >

> > > Alissia;708960 Wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Alissia,
> > >
> > > Did you install the Vista driver version for the webcam first, then
> > > plug the webcam in?
> > >
> > > Hope this helps,
> > > Shawn
> > >

> > > --
> > > Brink
> > >
> > > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
> > > them.*
> > > '*VISTA FORUMS*' (http://www.vistax64.com)
> > > *Please post feedback to help others.*

Alissia,

Do you know the model number of your webcam? In the mean time this link
may help you. Just click on the one that is your webcam to download the
drivers for it. It has images of each webcam to help ID it to.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/40...n?prodcrid=405

Hope this helps,
Shawn

Alissia;709033 Wrote:
> what's SP1? (i'm sorry, i don't know much about computer stuff)
>
> "Curious" wrote:
> > > >
> > > If you have not yet updated to SP1 then you may want to since there

> > are many
> > > USB fixes in SP1.
> > > "Alissia" <Alissia@xxxxxx> wrote in message

Alissia,

SP1 stands for the Vista Service Pack 1. It was released through
Windows Updates in the Control Panel a little while ago. You can check
to see if you have it installed by opening the Start menu and right
clicking on "Computer", then click "Properties". At the top of the
window under "Windows edition", you will see "Service Pack 1" listed if
you have it installed already. If not, then this link will show you
where to download ir from. Just install it afterwards.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-upda...u-how-get.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Pavel A.

"Curious" <spammenot@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> If you have not yet updated to SP1 then you may want to since there are
> many USB fixes in SP1.

No it won't work with SP1. Please see the previous reply of "Cal Bear '66"

Regards,
--PA