DATA D drive?

david boylan

DATA D drive?

Hi could somebody explain how i use my DATA D drive . When i open MY
Computer i have a Acer C drive with 69.7 GB and a DATA D with the same
GB , it may seem a stupid question but i don't have a good knowledge of
computers

Cheers Dave

--
david boylan
DL

Re: DATA D drive?
Its simply the way Acer chose to setup the PC, & name the drives.
You can locate/move your data files to the D drive, or use D for any
backups, or when installing a program choose Custom install & install to D
rather than C

"david boylan" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi could somebody explain how i use my DATA D drive . When i open MY
> Computer i have a Acer C drive with 69.7 GB and a DATA D with the same
> GB , it may seem a stupid question but i don't have a good knowledge of
> computers
>
> Cheers Dave
>

> --
> david boylan

Rick Rogers

Re: DATA D drive?
Hi David,

D: is simply storage space. Think of it as having two bookshelves instead of
one to store books on. Create folders as desired on it to store files of
your choosing. If desired, you can also remap things like your User
Documents files to automatically go there (just right click the folder,
choose properties and check the location tab).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"david boylan" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi could somebody explain how i use my DATA D drive . When i open MY
> Computer i have a Acer C drive with 69.7 GB and a DATA D with the same
> GB , it may seem a stupid question but i don't have a good knowledge of
> computers
>
> Cheers Dave
>

> --
> david boylan

david boylan

Re: DATA D drive?

Thanks for all your help

Regards Dave

--
david boylan
Vince65

Re: DATA D drive?

Rick Rogers;708787 Wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> D: is simply storage space. Think of it as having two bookshelves
> instead of
> one to store books on. Create folders as desired on it to store files of
> your choosing. If desired, you can also remap things like your User
> Documents files to automatically go there (just right click the folder,
> choose properties and check the location tab).
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> 'Microsoft Most Valuable Professional'
> (http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/)
> Windows help - 'www.rickrogers.org' (http://www.rickrogers.org)
> My thoughts 'Life and other stuff' (http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com)
>
> "david boylan" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
> news:611a51a51c3bc0958c9e5b2367acaaa3@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > >
> > >
> > > Hi could somebody explain how i use my DATA D drive . When i open MY
> > > Computer i have a Acer C drive with 69.7 GB and a DATA D with the same
> > > GB , it may seem a stupid question but i don't have a good knowledge

> > of
> > > computers
> > >
> > > Cheers Dave
> > >

> > > --
> > > david boylan > >

My C: drive was almost full, so i decided to put my pictures into the D:
drive to free up space and maybe speed up things.Now the Pictures folder
has been replaced with Data (D in the start menu,and I can no longer
import pics from a camera or memory card.However i can open a folder to
view pics then move to other folders (documents for instance)...but I
want my Pictures folder back.Also when I open Data (D there are two
picture folders there in the favourite links menu, which I don't
like.They both link to the same pic files.I wish I'd never bothered.

--
Vince65