Another Monitor Problem

=?Utf-8?B?SmFjb2IgVC4=?=

Another Monitor Problem
After installing Vista, my HP vs. 15 LCD displays a half inch black line
somewhere on the screen. It changes locations when I reboot and occasionally
when I change programs. I've updated my drivers, changed resolutions, and
changed refresh rates, but nothing has worked. Any suggestions?
Richard Urban

Re: Another Monitor Problem
Does this same black line also show up in the earliest stages of the boot
process, or only when you are at the Vista desktop?

--

Regards,

Richard Urban MVP
Microsoft Windows Shell/User

"Jacob T." <Jacob T.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After installing Vista, my HP vs. 15 LCD displays a half inch black line
> somewhere on the screen. It changes locations when I reboot and
> occasionally
> when I change programs. I've updated my drivers, changed resolutions, and
> changed refresh rates, but nothing has worked. Any suggestions?

=?Utf-8?B?SmFjb2IgVC4=?=

Re: Another Monitor Problem
It is not visible when the computer is initially booting and there is a brief
glimpse of computer information, but it does appear when the Windows Vista
opening screen starts. The line will remain on the screen in the same spot
until I reboot; at which the same length and thickness of a line will
reappear elsewhere. The line will also breifly dissapear if I scroll down a
screen, but reappars in the same spot once I stop scrolling.

Jacob

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> Does this same black line also show up in the earliest stages of the boot
> process, or only when you are at the Vista desktop?
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban MVP
> Microsoft Windows Shell/User
>

> "Jacob T." <Jacob T.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After installing Vista, my HP vs. 15 LCD displays a half inch black line
> > somewhere on the screen. It changes locations when I reboot and
> > occasionally
> > when I change programs. I've updated my drivers, changed resolutions, and
> > changed refresh rates, but nothing has worked. Any suggestions?

Richard Urban

Re: Another Monitor Problem
Update your video drivers.

--

> It is not visible when the computer is initially booting and there is a
> brief
> glimpse of computer information, but it does appear when the Windows Vista
> opening screen starts. The line will remain on the screen in the same
> spot
> until I reboot; at which the same length and thickness of a line will
> reappear elsewhere. The line will also breifly dissapear if I scroll down
> screen, but reappars in the same spot once I stop scrolling.
>
> Jacob
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
>> Does this same black line also show up in the earliest stages of the boot
>> process, or only when you are at the Vista desktop?
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban MVP
>> Microsoft Windows Shell/User
>>

>> "Jacob T." <Jacob T.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > After installing Vista, my HP vs. 15 LCD displays a half inch black
>> > line
>> > somewhere on the screen. It changes locations when I reboot and
>> > occasionally
>> > when I change programs. I've updated my drivers, changed resolutions,
>> > and
>> > changed refresh rates, but nothing has worked. Any suggestions?

=?Utf-8?B?SmFjb2IgVC4=?=

Re: Another Monitor Problem
All of the drivers have been updated.

Jacob

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> Update your video drivers.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban MVP
> Microsoft Windows Shell/User
>

> "Jacob T." <JacobT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It is not visible when the computer is initially booting and there is a
> > brief
> > glimpse of computer information, but it does appear when the Windows Vista
> > opening screen starts. The line will remain on the screen in the same
> > spot
> > until I reboot; at which the same length and thickness of a line will
> > reappear elsewhere. The line will also breifly dissapear if I scroll down
> > screen, but reappars in the same spot once I stop scrolling.
> >
> > Jacob
> >
> > "Richard Urban" wrote:
> >
> >> Does this same black line also show up in the earliest stages of the boot
> >> process, or only when you are at the Vista desktop?
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Richard Urban MVP
> >> Microsoft Windows Shell/User

dev

Re: Another Monitor Problem
/Jacob T./ said:
//Richard Urban wrote:

>>> Jacob - It is not visible when the computer is initially booting and
>>> there is a brief glimpse of computer information, but it does
>>> appear when the Windows Vista opening screen starts. The line
>>> will remain on the screen in the same spot until I reboot; at
>>> which the same length and thickness of a line will reappear
>>> elsewhere. The line will also briefly disappear if I scroll down
>>> a screen, but reappears in the same spot once I stop scrolling.

>> Richard - Update your video drivers.

> Jacob - All of the drivers have been updated.

You tested another monitor?
jkae37

Re: Another Monitor Problem

I installed vista on my HP computer last night and have the identical
issue. Did you ever find a resolution to the problem?

--
jkae37