Olympus digital Camera

Julsie

Olympus digital Camera
I have had to reformat my computer and reinstalled Vista and service pack one.
I have an Olympus digital camera FE -- 220 that will not work because
apparently Vista does not recognize it. According to the manufacturers I was
informed to apply to Microsoft for a hotfix. This was sent to me but when I
tried to install it I get the error message that it is not intended for the
system.

Now I am left with a camera that I cannot use.
Does anyone know of a solution other than reinstalling XP?

Anyone's assistance will be appreciated.
Malke

Re: Olympus digital Camera
Julsie wrote:

> I have had to reformat my computer and reinstalled Vista and service pack
> one. I have an Olympus digital camera FE -- 220 that will not work because
> apparently Vista does not recognize it. According to the manufacturers I
> was
> informed to apply to Microsoft for a hotfix. This was sent to me but when
> I tried to install it I get the error message that it is not intended for
> the system.
>
> Now I am left with a camera that I cannot use.
> Does anyone know of a solution other than reinstalling XP?

Whether you are using XP, Vista, or OS X I suggest that you *don't* install
camera drivers and connect the device directly. If your computer doesn't
have a built-in SD card slot (and so many of them do now that you should
check yours), purchase a USB card reader. They are very inexpensive and
work perfectly. Just plug it in and then insert the SD card from your
camera.

On a related issue, make sure that you installed all the drivers for your
hardware since you reinstalled Vista. General drivers information:

Never get drivers from Windows Update. Get them from:

1. The device mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM computer
(HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).

Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the drivers.

To find out what hardware is in your computer:

1. Read any documentation you got when you bought the computer.
2. If the computer is OEM, go to the OEM's website for your specific model
machine and look at the specs (you'll be there to get the drivers anyway)
3. Download, install and run a free system inventory program like Belarc
Advisor or System Information for Windows.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html - Belarc Advisor
http://www.gtopala.com/ - System Information for Windows

Malke
--