compatibility between vista busineess and intellitype software

gem777

compatibility between vista busineess and intellitype software
I have a brand new dell workstation running vista business; everything worked
fine until i installed microsoft intellipoint 6.2 and intellitype pro 6.2
software from the mirosoft website. The microsoft wireless desktop elite was
from my previous workstation and the microsoft website driver download area
chose this 6.2 software.

After installing this software, the computer completely locked up and only a
hard shutdown and vista guided restart and system restore would allow the
computer to work.

Is the intellitype and intellipoint 6.2 software compatible with vista.

Help!
Bender

Re: compatibility between vista busineess and intellitype software
I am running version pro 6.2 with my Wireless Entertainment Keyboard/Mouse
8000 without any problems, on Vista Ultimate (ran Home Premium as well).
At first when I put the CD, for version 5 I think, into the drive it said I
had to install an update ( known compatibility issues or something similar )
.. I downloaded the updates and installed them.

"gem777" <gem777@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a brand new dell workstation running vista business; everything
> worked
> fine until i installed microsoft intellipoint 6.2 and intellitype pro 6.2
> software from the mirosoft website. The microsoft wireless desktop elite
> was
> from my previous workstation and the microsoft website driver download
> area
> chose this 6.2 software.
>
> After installing this software, the computer completely locked up and only
> hard shutdown and vista guided restart and system restore would allow the
> computer to work.
>
> Is the intellitype and intellipoint 6.2 software compatible with vista.
>
> Help!

wayneP

Re: compatibility between vista busineess and intellitype software
Just about any HP, Canon, Kodak, Brother, Epson, etc. that are currently
available at places like Staples, Best Buy, etc. will be Vista compatible.
There are numerous
model AIOs from almost any vendor for less than $200.

"gem777" <gem777@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a brand new dell workstation running vista business; everything
> worked
> fine until i installed microsoft intellipoint 6.2 and intellitype pro 6.2
> software from the mirosoft website. The microsoft wireless desktop elite
> was
> from my previous workstation and the microsoft website driver download
> area
> chose this 6.2 software.
>
> After installing this software, the computer completely locked up and only
> hard shutdown and vista guided restart and system restore would allow the
> computer to work.
>
> Is the intellitype and intellipoint 6.2 software compatible with vista.
>
> Help!

wayneP

Re: compatibility between vista busineess and intellitype software
Sorry, posted to the wrong thread.