Resolution Reset on Startup

=?Utf-8?B?QW5keQ==?=

Resolution Reset on Startup
I have a 1280x1024 monitor. Every time I start Windows Vista, my screen
resolution automatically resets itself to 640x480. I have no idea why, but I
have to change it back every time i start Windows. I've looked around, but I
seem to be the only one I know of who has this problem. Does anyone know how
I can solve this?
=?Utf-8?B?Q2xhdWRpYQ==?=

RE: Resolution Reset on Startup

"Andy" wrote:

> I have a 1280x1024 monitor. Every time I start Windows Vista, my screen
> resolution automatically resets itself to 640x480. I have no idea why, but I
> have to change it back every time i start Windows. I've looked around, but I
> seem to be the only one I know of who has this problem. Does anyone know how
> I can solve this?

I am having the same problem. I have a 3 month old Dell laptop and the
resolution keeps changing. At times the screen will go black in the middle of
working and changes the resolution. If you find a solution to this let me
know.
=?Utf-8?B?SGFybGFu?=

RE: Resolution Reset on Startup
I have the same problem as well. I have a 1440X900 screen that sometimes
resets to a lower resolution upon startup. My computer is an HP Pavilion
DV9000, and I am using Windows Vista. Anyone know what is going on?

"Andy" wrote:

> I have a 1280x1024 monitor. Every time I start Windows Vista, my screen
> resolution automatically resets itself to 640x480. I have no idea why, but I
> have to change it back every time i start Windows. I've looked around, but I
> seem to be the only one I know of who has this problem. Does anyone know how
> I can solve this?

Bryan

RE: Resolution Reset on Startup
Same Problem... Running an 20" widescreen Acer brand new.

"Andy" wrote:

> I have a 1280x1024 monitor. Every time I start Windows Vista, my screen
> resolution automatically resets itself to 640x480. I have no idea why, but I
> have to change it back every time i start Windows. I've looked around, but I
> seem to be the only one I know of who has this problem. Does anyone know how
> I can solve this?

srfk

RE: Resolution Reset on Startup
Same problem, just got a new Dell laptop and it's doing this every time I put
it on standby or reboot.

Did anyone find a solution?

Simon

"Bryan" wrote:

> Same Problem... Running an 20" widescreen Acer brand new.
>

> "Andy" wrote:
>
> > I have a 1280x1024 monitor. Every time I start Windows Vista, my screen
> > resolution automatically resets itself to 640x480. I have no idea why, but I
> > have to change it back every time i start Windows. I've looked around, but I
> > seem to be the only one I know of who has this problem. Does anyone know how
> > I can solve this?

Jennihul

RE: Resolution Reset on Startup
I have this issue as well and it's been several months since this first post.
No answers yet? It's very annoying to have to reset the resolution everytime
I open the lid of my laptop.

JH

"Andy" wrote:

> I have a 1280x1024 monitor. Every time I start Windows Vista, my screen
> resolution automatically resets itself to 640x480. I have no idea why, but I
> have to change it back every time i start Windows. I've looked around, but I
> seem to be the only one I know of who has this problem. Does anyone know how
> I can solve this?

Curious

Re: Resolution Reset on Startup
some ideas:
1 If you use system on/off switch to turn off your system instead of your
shutdown option then your setting changes are not saved.
2. Do you mean when you start Vista or do you mean when you start Media
Center in Vista?
3. If you mean Media Center then make sure you have told Media Center that
you have a 1280x1024 display.
4, Is the native resolution of the laptop really 1280x1024?
"Jennihul" <Jennihul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have this issue as well and it's been several months since this first
>post.
> No answers yet? It's very annoying to have to reset the resolution
> everytime
> I open the lid of my laptop.
>
> JH
>
> "Andy" wrote:
>
>> I have a 1280x1024 monitor. Every time I start Windows Vista, my screen
>> resolution automatically resets itself to 640x480. I have no idea why,
>> but I
>> have to change it back every time i start Windows. I've looked around,
>> but I
>> seem to be the only one I know of who has this problem. Does anyone know
>> how
>> I can solve this?

srfk

RE: Resolution Reset on Startup
hi

This problem on my machine has now just stopped. I tried messing around with
the settings on control panel, but I'm not sure if that was what did it as it
didnt stop immediately.

FYI the folllowing two options are now ticked on Display Panel (Options)
when Monitor 1 is selected:

- it's my principal monitor
- stretch the desktop to this moniter

(NB these are rough translations from the French).

Hope this is of use,

Simon

"Jennihul" wrote:

> I have this issue as well and it's been several months since this first post.
> No answers yet? It's very annoying to have to reset the resolution everytime
> I open the lid of my laptop.
>
> JH
>
> "Andy" wrote:
>
> > I have a 1280x1024 monitor. Every time I start Windows Vista, my screen
> > resolution automatically resets itself to 640x480. I have no idea why, but I
> > have to change it back every time i start Windows. I've looked around, but I
> > seem to be the only one I know of who has this problem. Does anyone know how
> > I can solve this?

pukitas

RE: Resolution Reset on Startup
Talk about frustrating. I have a Toshiba satellite my monitor is 1440 X900
and i have the same problem. Don't know who to turn to anymore. Let me know
if any idea anyone.
Thanks
Telford

Re: Resolution Reset on Startup

I've got the same problem with an Acer SA90. It's set for 1440 x 900 but
about one time in 20 it comes up in a lower resolution. I have to
restart the computer to cure it, just logging out and back in again
doesn't help, and I have to make sure I don't do anything much first
otherwise all my icons get moved about by it.

--
Telford