DVD drives suddenly don't work

RobB

DVD drives suddenly don't work
I came home today and found that the 2 Sony optical drives in my computer are
no longer working. I have an old computer with Vista on it. In device
manager, both drives' icons have an exclamation point on them; checking their
properties reveals an error code 39 (driver not loaded or corrupted). When I
try to update the drivers, Vista tells me the drivers are already up to date.
The Nvidia nForce 430/410 Serial ATA controller driver is operating
correctly, according to device manager (no exclamation point through the
icon). When I click on Check for Solutions in the device properties window, I
get no help. The Sony website no longer lists my drive models.

Any suggestions?
Rob
Chuydela

RE: DVD drives suddenly don't work
Rob, I just fixed the same problem on my Vista Ultimate doing the guide from
Microsoft Article ID: 929461. Running as Administartor you have to delete the
Upper and Lower Filters in the Registry Area. My optical device was LiteOn
CD/DVD Rom
--
Jesus Dela Rosa

"RobB" wrote:

> I came home today and found that the 2 Sony optical drives in my computer are
> no longer working. I have an old computer with Vista on it. In device
> manager, both drives' icons have an exclamation point on them; checking their
> properties reveals an error code 39 (driver not loaded or corrupted). When I
> try to update the drivers, Vista tells me the drivers are already up to date.
> The Nvidia nForce 430/410 Serial ATA controller driver is operating
> correctly, according to device manager (no exclamation point through the
> icon). When I click on Check for Solutions in the device properties window, I
> get no help. The Sony website no longer lists my drive models.
>
> Any suggestions?
> Rob

RobB

RE: DVD drives suddenly don't work
Thanks so much -- that fixed the problem!

"Chuydela" wrote:

> Rob, I just fixed the same problem on my Vista Ultimate doing the guide from
> Microsoft Article ID: 929461. Running as Administartor you have to delete the
> Upper and Lower Filters in the Registry Area. My optical device was LiteOn
> CD/DVD Rom
> --
> Jesus Dela Rosa
>

> "RobB" wrote:
>
> > I came home today and found that the 2 Sony optical drives in my computer are
> > no longer working. I have an old computer with Vista on it. In device
> > manager, both drives' icons have an exclamation point on them; checking their
> > properties reveals an error code 39 (driver not loaded or corrupted). When I
> > try to update the drivers, Vista tells me the drivers are already up to date.
> > The Nvidia nForce 430/410 Serial ATA controller driver is operating
> > correctly, according to device manager (no exclamation point through the
> > icon). When I click on Check for Solutions in the device properties window, I
> > get no help. The Sony website no longer lists my drive models.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> > Rob

wheelman

RE: DVD drives suddenly don't work
one of my computers running fixta/vista has done this to me again..can you
give us that fix..again in dumby terms..so i get it..i need to do that to
mind.will it fix this problem for ever..