PC makes noises when controller is plugged in

vistar

PC makes noises when controller is plugged in

Usually when I'm playing games, I play with my wired XBOX 360
controller, anyways...its plugged into my front usb port. So while im
playing, after 10 min. the PC starts to make noise (humming noise). So i
was wondering if theres anything wrong with the controller or the PC
(because when i plug in my ipod to recharge for 1 hr it doesnt make
humming noise even once). Plz i need a solution and thx.

--
vistar
vistar

Re: PC makes noises when controller is plugged in

bump.

--
vistar
Colin Barnhorst

Re: PC makes noises when controller is plugged in
Depending on the games your PC could be running hot.

"vistar" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Usually when I'm playing games, I play with my wired XBOX 360
> controller, anyways...its plugged into my front usb port. So while im
> playing, after 10 min. the PC starts to make noise (humming noise). So i
> was wondering if theres anything wrong with the controller or the PC
> (because when i plug in my ipod to recharge for 1 hr it doesnt make
> humming noise even once). Plz i need a solution and thx.
>

> --
> vistar

vistar

Re: PC makes noises when controller is plugged in

i dont think heating is the problem because this never happened before
(especially when i played games like crysis, bioshock). but when i play
nhl 08 this tends to happen,

--
vistar
Colin Barnhorst

Re: PC makes noises when controller is plugged in
Are you overclocking? Are your sound card drivers up to date? Did you ask
on the website for the game?

Colin Barnhorst;709225 Wrote:
> Are you overclocking? Are your sound card drivers up to date? Did you
> ask
> on the website for the game?

sorry, what i meant was, the pc buzzes more when im playing nhl 08 than
games like bioshock (where it buzzes for 30 sec. and then stops). sorry
for being a noob, but wats overclocking and how can i check if i have my
comp. overclocked. and as far as i know, yes, all drivers are upto date.

--
vistar
Colin Barnhorst

Re: PC makes noises when controller is plugged in
You would know if you were overclocking. You would either have an applet
provided by the motherboard maker that allows you to adjust voltages to
increase the cpu or memory speed or you would knowingly make such changes in
the BIOS. Not that all overclocking is bad, sometimes it is useful to
finetune various combinations of hardware, but overclocking to push
performance of a game can be risky because gamers keep trying to squeak out
just a little bit more, etc.

I would take this issue to the microsoft.public.windows.vista.games ng as
well as here to see if others playing some of these games have run into the
problem and have a lead for you and I would use any forums on the game
maker's websites for help as well.

I still suspect the audio and video drivers for your system. If you bought
the computer with Vista preinstalled then I would try to stick to the
manufacturer's website for the drivers. The more generic ones for your
adaptors may not be right.