Printer Spooler

Scooter

Printer Spooler
I'm trying to install my Printer Driver for Canon Pixma printer.
When I run the executable to install the driver, it come back with
"Printer Spooler is not running, Restart Printer Spooler. So I re-start
Printer Spooler under Admin. Tools. Then I try to run the executable
again. And again the Printer Spooler is stopped.

It seems the executable stops the Printer Spooler?? Help!!! I'm just trying
access my printer.

Thanks
Esteban

RE: Printer Spooler
Trying to install Epson Printer, having same issues as below

"Scooter" wrote:

> I'm trying to install my Printer Driver for Canon Pixma printer.
> When I run the executable to install the driver, it come back with
> "Printer Spooler is not running, Restart Printer Spooler. So I re-start
> Printer Spooler under Admin. Tools. Then I try to run the executable
> again. And again the Printer Spooler is stopped.
>
> It seems the executable stops the Printer Spooler?? Help!!! I'm just trying
> access my printer.
>
> Thanks

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Printer Spooler
From the command prompt, type

net start spooler
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"Esteban" <Esteban@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Trying to install Epson Printer, having same issues as below
>
> "Scooter" wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to install my Printer Driver for Canon Pixma printer.
>> When I run the executable to install the driver, it come back with
>> "Printer Spooler is not running, Restart Printer Spooler. So I re-start
>> Printer Spooler under Admin. Tools. Then I try to run the executable
>> again. And again the Printer Spooler is stopped.
>>
>> It seems the executable stops the Printer Spooler?? Help!!! I'm just
>> trying
>> access my printer.
>>
>> Thanks

Scooter

Re: Printer Spooler
That's the same as starting the Printer Spooler from Admin Tools.

To make a long story short, Microsoft Tech support said the driver was
corrupted.
When I originally wrote the problem, it was the fourth time I had downloaded
the driver, and purged it from the Registry.

I bought a new Canon. Problem solved. But why should I have to buy new
hardware? After I installed new Canon the system would Blue screen alot.

I started from scratch, reloaded everything, installed Service pack 1. As I
sit here
writing this it could Blue Screen. It happens from time to time.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> From the command prompt, type
>
> net start spooler
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Esteban" <Esteban@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Trying to install Epson Printer, having same issues as below
> >
> > "Scooter" wrote:
> >
> >> I'm trying to install my Printer Driver for Canon Pixma printer.
> >> When I run the executable to install the driver, it come back with
> >> "Printer Spooler is not running, Restart Printer Spooler. So I re-start
> >> Printer Spooler under Admin. Tools. Then I try to run the executable
> >> again. And again the Printer Spooler is stopped.
> >>
> >> It seems the executable stops the Printer Spooler?? Help!!! I'm just
> >> trying
> >> access my printer.
> >>
> >> Thanks

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Printer Spooler
The spooler service stopping is usually a result of corrupted drivers. The
correct way to uninstall a driver (and reinstall) is:

http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm

Omitting Step 4 is the usual problem... all you end up doing if you omit
Step 4 is reinstalling the older (and possibly corrupted) driver.