Lost data on SD card

vistanewbie

Lost data on SD card
After inserting the SD card in my computer, I selected to view the files.

I stared scrolling down the list of thumbnails.

I went to the bottom to view the last picture when explorer froze.

I then closed explorer

I then removed the SD card from the reader

When I inserted the SD card explorer returned the message this drive is not
formatted, do you want to format?

I answered no.

I then removed the SD card from the reader

When I inserted the card in the camera, there were no images on the card.

For some reason it seems that exploer marked the files for deletion and
perhaps marked the disk as unformatted

Is this possible?

If so, is there a way to recover?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I had a least 100 photos on this disk

--
vistanewbie
BurrWalnut

RE: Lost data on SD card
Try the free Recuva program from here
http://www.filehippo.com/download_recuva/
"vistanewbie" wrote:

> After inserting the SD card in my computer, I selected to view the files.
>
> I stared scrolling down the list of thumbnails.
>
> I went to the bottom to view the last picture when explorer froze.
>
> I then closed explorer
>
> I then removed the SD card from the reader
>
> When I inserted the SD card explorer returned the message this drive is not
> formatted, do you want to format?
>
> I answered no.
>
> I then removed the SD card from the reader
>
> When I inserted the card in the camera, there were no images on the card.
>
> For some reason it seems that exploer marked the files for deletion and
> perhaps marked the disk as unformatted
>
> Is this possible?
>
> If so, is there a way to recover?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated, I had a least 100 photos on this disk
>
> --
> vistanewbie

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Lost data on SD card
Try:
http://www.cardrecovery.com/?rid=google&kid=cr0103

--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"vistanewbie" <vistanewbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After inserting the SD card in my computer, I selected to view the files.
>
> I stared scrolling down the list of thumbnails.
>
> I went to the bottom to view the last picture when explorer froze.
>
> I then closed explorer
>
> I then removed the SD card from the reader
>
> When I inserted the SD card explorer returned the message this drive is
> not
> formatted, do you want to format?
>
> I answered no.
>
> I then removed the SD card from the reader
>
> When I inserted the card in the camera, there were no images on the card.
>
> For some reason it seems that exploer marked the files for deletion and
> perhaps marked the disk as unformatted
>
> Is this possible?
>
> If so, is there a way to recover?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated, I had a least 100 photos on this
> disk
>
> --
> vistanewbie

cp-mbaby

Re: Lost data on SD card

I dont know if this will work in your case, but for normally deleted
photos that you wish you hadnt, there are several programs to recover
them. try 'Photo Recovery Software to Recover Lost Photos - Card
Recovery' (http://www.cardrecovery.com) downloadable for $39.95. It
restored 5 photos I had deleted in 2005. Or, search on "recover photos"

--
cp-mbaby
camron123

RE: Lost data on SD card
I have tried Stellar Phoenix photo recovery software. It recover all my lost
photos from the digital camera. You can try it may be it will help you. You
can download the free demo version from the site
http://www.photo-recovery-software.com/
In demo the software scans your drive. Once you see the recoverable file go
for the full version to complete your recovery.