MAGICBRIDGE Vista driver ??

masterbowl

MAGICBRIDGE Vista driver ??
magicbridge - external connector for hdd's, dvd drives etc ...
bought this a year or so ago, worked fine with XP pc but not with Vista
(dtected, but failed to install)
Needed to xfer gigabytes of data from old XP pc hdd to Vista Home Premium
pc.
CD manual says no driver needed for XP, but fails to give a website for
support, nor can I find it on Google.
HELP please?
nb - as recommended in Vista Help, downloaded Vista System advisor, ran it -
it says no driver problems (but did not pick up the connected/powered up
magicbridge device with hdd attached).

Peter

Re: MAGICBRIDGE Vista driver ??
Have you entered the word Magicbridge in a search engine such as Google?
I just did and the HeiSei company came up but all I could find were Win98
Drivers.....good luck. That's what happens when you use products from
obscure companies.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada

"masterbowl" <nospam@thank.you> wrote in message
> magicbridge - external connector for hdd's, dvd drives etc ...
> bought this a year or so ago, worked fine with XP pc but not with Vista
> (dtected, but failed to install)
> Needed to xfer gigabytes of data from old XP pc hdd to Vista Home Premium
> pc.
> CD manual says no driver needed for XP, but fails to give a website for
> support, nor can I find it on Google.
> HELP please?
> nb - as recommended in Vista Help, downloaded Vista System advisor, ran
> it - it says no driver problems (but did not pick up the connected/powered
> up magicbridge device with hdd attached).

masterbowl

Re: MAGICBRIDGE Vista driver ??
As I said, worked fine in XP ... it wasn't cheap, either (about 50 bucks)
Apols for delay, had major probs with XP machine (hdd not recognised) but
now sorted, both pc's running fine. Just need to xfer data from one to the
other - the hard way, I guess!

"masterbowl" <nospam@thank.you> wrote in message
> magicbridge - external connector for hdd's, dvd drives etc ...
> bought this a year or so ago, worked fine with XP pc but not with Vista
> (dtected, but failed to install)
> Needed to xfer gigabytes of data from old XP pc hdd to Vista Home Premium
> pc.
> CD manual says no driver needed for XP, but fails to give a website for
> support, nor can I find it on Google.
> HELP please?
> nb - as recommended in Vista Help, downloaded Vista System advisor, ran
> it - it says no driver problems (but did not pick up the connected/powered
> up magicbridge device with hdd attached).

Peter

Re: MAGICBRIDGE Vista driver ??
Transfer the stuff to DVD-RW perhaps?

--