bleeping PC

redline

bleeping PC
My PC gives of a bleeping noise on occasions this gets quite annoying and I
have to shut down to get rid of it, It is a four month old PC Quad core Intel
372 gig HD only 75 gigs used on drive. Vista Premium, Windows One Care.
I have heard that a faulty Drive could be responsible. I can take it to be
checked as it is on Warranty but can they see if it is the drive when it has
only happened on five occasions in four months?
thanks
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: bleeping PC
"redline" <redline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My PC gives of a bleeping noise on occasions this gets quite annoying and
> have to shut down to get rid of it, It is a four month old PC Quad core
> Intel
> 372 gig HD only 75 gigs used on drive. Vista Premium, Windows One Care.
> I have heard that a faulty Drive could be responsible. I can take it to be
> checked as it is on Warranty but can they see if it is the drive when it
> has
> only happened on five occasions in four months?
> thanks

It could also be warning you of a temperature rise. Maybe a CPU or case fan
is not running fast enough. Sometimes, there are little applets checking
that fans are running as they should. Unfortunately, they don't always get
it right..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

Brink

Re: bleeping PC

redline;703878 Wrote:
> My PC gives of a bleeping noise on occasions this gets quite annoying
> and I
> have to shut down to get rid of it, It is a four month old PC Quad core
> Intel
> 372 gig HD only 75 gigs used on drive. Vista Premium, Windows One Care.
> I have heard that a faulty Drive could be responsible. I can take it to
> be
> checked as it is on Warranty but can they see if it is the drive when
> it has
> only happened on five occasions in four months?
> thanks

Hi Redline,

You might check your BIOS settings to see if you have any warning
alerts enabled that may be the cause of this. For example, when the CPU
gets above a certain temperature.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Colin Barnhorst

Re: bleeping PC
Do you have a UPS unit supplying power? If so, check to make sure the
software is Vista compatible. I had to uninstall some APC software to get
rid of such a noise one time.

"redline" <redline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My PC gives of a bleeping noise on occasions this gets quite annoying and
> have to shut down to get rid of it, It is a four month old PC Quad core
> Intel
> 372 gig HD only 75 gigs used on drive. Vista Premium, Windows One Care.
> I have heard that a faulty Drive could be responsible. I can take it to be
> checked as it is on Warranty but can they see if it is the drive when it
> has
> only happened on five occasions in four months?
> thanks

redline

RE: bleeping PC
Hi
Just to say Thank you to all who answered will check it out.

"redline" wrote:

> My PC gives of a bleeping noise on occasions this gets quite annoying and I
> have to shut down to get rid of it, It is a four month old PC Quad core Intel
> 372 gig HD only 75 gigs used on drive. Vista Premium, Windows One Care.
> I have heard that a faulty Drive could be responsible. I can take it to be
> checked as it is on Warranty but can they see if it is the drive when it has
> only happened on five occasions in four months?
> thanks

Brink

Re: bleeping PC

redline;703985 Wrote:
> Hi
> Just to say Thank you to all who answered will check it out.
>
> "redline" wrote:
> > > >
> > > My PC gives of a bleeping noise on occasions this gets quite annoying

> > and I
> > > have to shut down to get rid of it, It is a four month old PC Quad

> > core Intel
> > > 372 gig HD only 75 gigs used on drive. Vista Premium, Windows One

> > Care.
> > > I have heard that a faulty Drive could be responsible. I can take it

> > to be
> > > checked as it is on Warranty but can they see if it is the drive when

> > it has
> > > only happened on five occasions in four months?
> > > thanks > >

Your welcome redline,

I hope one these posts will help you find the source of the beep.

Shawn