Huge drivers problem

juanpablo

Huge drivers problem
Hi,

Since some time, every time I connect new hardware, like usb pendrives or
hard drives, the system can not find the drivers and therefor I can not use
the device.
I know this simple hardwares dont come with cd drivers because it is
supposed to be installed automatically by windows, but after some time Im
having this problem and not sure why........

JPG
Colin Barnhorst

Re: Huge drivers problem
What operating system? 32bit or 64bit?

"juanpablo" <juanpablo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsB9A403B-CACD-4764-B918-12EE367A39F4@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> Since some time, every time I connect new hardware, like usb pendrives or
> hard drives, the system can not find the drivers and therefor I can not
> use
> the device.
> I know this simple hardwares dont come with cd drivers because it is
> supposed to be installed automatically by windows, but after some time Im
> having this problem and not sure why........
>
> JPG

juanpablo

Re: Huge drivers problem
32 bit

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> What operating system? 32bit or 64bit?
>
> "juanpablo" <juanpablo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsB9A403B-CACD-4764-B918-12EE367A39F4@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Since some time, every time I connect new hardware, like usb pendrives or
> > hard drives, the system can not find the drivers and therefor I can not
> > use
> > the device.
> > I know this simple hardwares dont come with cd drivers because it is
> > supposed to be installed automatically by windows, but after some time Im
> > having this problem and not sure why........
> >
> > JPG

jandarfish

RE: Huge drivers problem
I was wondering about the same thing - thought it was my laptop - I plugged
the thumb drive into another port and it recognized it... but sometimes my
external mouse just stops working as well, so I change ports... is it a VISTA
issue?

"juanpablo" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since some time, every time I connect new hardware, like usb pendrives or
> hard drives, the system can not find the drivers and therefor I can not use
> the device.
> I know this simple hardwares dont come with cd drivers because it is
> supposed to be installed automatically by windows, but after some time Im
> having this problem and not sure why........
>
> JPG

juanpablo

RE: Huge drivers problem
It is absolutely amazing, I have seen thousands of posts everywhere with the
same problem, and all the time people respond to look for the drivers of the
product. That is not the problem, because this products should not come with
any driver, since windows should have them and there is no fix for it rather
thatn reformat.
I cant believe, how bad this system is.

"jandarfish" wrote:

> I was wondering about the same thing - thought it was my laptop - I plugged
> the thumb drive into another port and it recognized it... but sometimes my
> external mouse just stops working as well, so I change ports... is it a VISTA
> issue?
>
> "juanpablo" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Since some time, every time I connect new hardware, like usb pendrives or
> > hard drives, the system can not find the drivers and therefor I can not use
> > the device.
> > I know this simple hardwares dont come with cd drivers because it is
> > supposed to be installed automatically by windows, but after some time Im
> > having this problem and not sure why........
> >
> > JPG

Farhan Ahmed [MSFT]

Re: Huge drivers problem
Please refer to the following Knowledge Base article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940199/

While the symptoms might be different, the underlying problem is the same
in majority of the cases.

This fix is also contained in SP1 for Vista.

- Farhan

rights.

Posted At: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 10:48 AM
Posted To: microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Conversation: Huge drivers problem
Subject: RE: Huge drivers problem

"jandarfish" wrote:

> I was wondering about the same thing - thought it was my laptop - I
> plugged
> the thumb drive into another port and it recognized it... but sometimes
> my
> external mouse just stops working as well, so I change ports... is it a
> VISTA
> issue?
>
> "juanpablo" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Since some time, every time I connect new hardware, like usb pendrives
> > or
> > hard drives, the system can not find the drivers and therefor I can
> > not use
> > the device.
> > I know this simple hardwares dont come with cd drivers because it is
> > supposed to be installed automatically by windows, but after some time
> > Im
> > having this problem and not sure why........
> >
> > JPG

Dave

Re: Huge drivers problem
Why can't you understand?
The hardware producers must write drivers for their product to work with
Vista.
Many provided MS with drivers to include with Vista, but that was ~ 18
months ago.
Hardware keeps changing, and it's up to the maker to provide the drivers.

--
Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

> It is absolutely amazing, I have seen thousands of posts everywhere with
> the
> same problem, and all the time people respond to look for the drivers of
> the
> product. That is not the problem, because this products should not come
> with
> any driver, since windows should have them and there is no fix for it
> rather
> thatn reformat.
> I cant believe, how bad this system is.
>
> "jandarfish" wrote:
>
>> I was wondering about the same thing - thought it was my laptop - I
>> plugged
>> the thumb drive into another port and it recognized it... but sometimes
>> my
>> external mouse just stops working as well, so I change ports... is it a
>> VISTA
>> issue?
>>
>> "juanpablo" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Since some time, every time I connect new hardware, like usb pendrives
>> > or
>> > hard drives, the system can not find the drivers and therefor I can not
>> > use
>> > the device.
>> > I know this simple hardwares dont come with cd drivers because it is
>> > supposed to be installed automatically by windows, but after some time
>> > Im
>> > having this problem and not sure why........
>> >
>> > JPG

juanpablo

Re: Huge drivers problem
I dont understand why it was working perfect before, recognizing everything,
and from moment to another, it does not even recognize a simple pen drive.
This is absolutely not an operating system someone can trust.

Dave

Re: Huge drivers problem
whoaa, whiplash.

--

> I dont understand why it was working perfect before, recognizing
> everything,
> and from moment to another, it does not even recognize a simple pen drive.
> This is absolutely not an operating system someone can trust.
>
> "Dave" wrote:
>
>> Why can't you understand?
>> The hardware producers must write drivers for their product to work with
>> Vista.
>> Many provided MS with drivers to include with Vista, but that was ~ 18
>> months ago.
>> Hardware keeps changing, and it's up to the maker to provide the drivers.
>>

>> --
>> Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
>> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>>

>> "juanpablo" <juanpablo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > It is absolutely amazing, I have seen thousands of posts everywhere
>> > with
>> > the
>> > same problem, and all the time people respond to look for the drivers
>> > of
>> > the
>> > product. That is not the problem, because this products should not come
>> > with
>> > any driver, since windows should have them and there is no fix for it
>> > rather
>> > thatn reformat.
>> > I cant believe, how bad this system is.

dude2123

Re: Huge drivers problem
ok, i am having the same problem, but...
1. i have service pack 1
2. the mentioned fix says that it is "not required"

it is asking me to install someting as simple as a keyboard, but seems to
recognise hardware that has already been installed.