Canon MP170

andrewtewkesbury

Canon MP170

Hi,

I'm having problems with my Canon MP170 after a clean install of vista
ultimate 64.

My first install (2 weeks ago) had no problems with the printer. I
simply turned it on and vista automatically detected it and installed
everything perfectly. I was very impressed. Unfortunately I recently ran
into some severe problems and had to do a clean install.

I have re-installed in exactly the same way but no matter what i try
this time t won't install.

Going the automatic route it fails to find any drivers.

When I go to the canon website and download them, they cannot find the
printer. When I point windows in the direction of the drivers i have
downloaded when installing it does not accept them.

Similarly when I go to control panel-> add printer and select my exact
model from the list I get the error message:

Printer driver was not installed.

Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000002)

I would really appreciate any help here as this is really frustrating.
worked days ago under the same conditions.....

Andrew

--
andrewtewkesbury
Colin Barnhorst

Re: Canon MP170
From the Canon website at:
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...&modelid=11731

"MP Drivers

Since the printer driver and WIA driver for this machine are pre-installed
in Windows Vista, you can use it as a printer or scanner just by connecting
it to your Windows Vista computer.
However, printing and scanning may not be performed correctly under this
condition.
In such a case, install MP Drivers for Windows Vista.

The CD-ROM packed with the printer does not contain the MP Drivers for
Windows Vista.
However, you can download the MP Drivers for both versions of Windows Vista
(32 bit / 64 bit) from the Canon WEB page.

You can confirm whether the OS of your computer is Windows Vista 32 bit
version or 64 bit version; click System in Control Panel of Windows Vista to
see System type."

I suggest you uninstall the software, disconnect the printer, then reboot
and install the software. Finally connect the printer.