Hadphones work, but I can't record a sound

Seeking

Hadphones work, but I can't record a sound
I can listen to music, so the headphones seem to work well. But when I try to
record a sound (Start>all programs>accessories>sound recording) I can't
record anything.

Also, when I am on MSN (or any other messenger), I can hear the people I
call, but they can't hear me. I believe that I have all the options correctly
switched on (nothing muted) and yet..

I have already looked for all updates, all the drivers are up-to-date,

Someone pleeease help.

Thanks

masterbowl

Re: Hadphones work, but I can't record a sound
Check your Soundcard/Volume Control setting for MIC - is it enabled, and/or
is the volume associated with MIC up full?

"Seeking" <Seeking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can listen to music, so the headphones seem to work well. But when I try
> record a sound (Start>all programs>accessories>sound recording) I can't
> record anything.
>
> Also, when I am on MSN (or any other messenger), I can hear the people I
> call, but they can't hear me. I believe that I have all the options
> correctly
> switched on (nothing muted) and yet..
>
> I have already looked for all updates, all the drivers are up-to-date,
>
> Someone pleeease help.
>
> Thanks

Seeking

Re: Hadphones work, but I can't record a sound
Hello Masterbowl

I now got the recording function to work. I can record my voice when I speak
into the microphone. But when I tried the Skype test with the microphone, the
test failed. I again tried voice chat with someone on Skype, but the person
can't hear me.

Strangely, the voice chat test passed when I tried it on yahoo msn.

Please help. I am sure it is rather a simple matter, but I am not able to
figure it out. I have noticed that others have this problem, too.

Thanks in advance