DVD Drive

buds812

DVD Drive
I don't know if i'm posting in the right place but here it goes
I'm running vista. I hve two DVD drives the one that reads works but the
one that burns doesn't I believe the one that works is HL-dt-st DVD-rom
GDRH10n SCSI cd rom drive the other one is TSST Corp DVD+ - RW TS-H553A
SCSI CD ROM Dvice
the problum is if I put a disk in it dosent reconize the disk and ask to put
a disk in .but trouble shooting says its working .....Any idea how to correct
this
Thank you in advance
Jeff Gaines

Re: DVD Drive
On 03/05/2008 in message
<4D7AAC57-84C6-439F-94A6-5AF5B5938870@microsoft.com> buds812 wrote:

>I don't know if i'm posting in the right place but here it goes
> I'm running vista. I hve two DVD drives the one that reads works but the
>one that burns doesn't I believe the one that works is HL-dt-st DVD-rom
>GDRH10n SCSI cd rom drive the other one is TSST Corp DVD+ - RW TS-H553A
>SCSI CD ROM Dvice
>the problum is if I put a disk in it dosent reconize the disk and ask to
>put
>a disk in .but trouble shooting says its working .....Any idea how to
>correct
>this
> Thank you in advance

This can be a pain, I had the same problem yesterday with a new build. I
changed both the drive and the cable. Check the cables (power and data)
are connected firmly, check the mainboard end of the data cable as well.
If it's a SATA drive look very carefully at the connector - they break
easily and then won't make a proper connection.

--
Jeff Gaines
Damerham Hampshire UK
Chuydela

Re: DVD Drive
Hey, Buds, it seems to me the problem solution is a little bit more
complicated.
I have the same problem when I installed my new LiteOn CD/DVD Rom with a
SATA port on my VISTA ULTIMATE. I always found an excalmation mark on my
CD/DVD icon every time I went into my DevMngr.
This was my solution: Do the steps in the Microsoft Article ID: 929461. It
has to do with Registry Edition and it's a very precise procedure and you
have to run this under Administrator Credentials. Basically, you have to
delete the Upper and Lower Filters there.
Good luck
--
Jesus Dela Rosa

"Jeff Gaines" wrote:

> On 03/05/2008 in message
> <4D7AAC57-84C6-439F-94A6-5AF5B5938870@microsoft.com> buds812 wrote:
>
> >I don't know if i'm posting in the right place but here it goes
> > I'm running vista. I hve two DVD drives the one that reads works but the
> >one that burns doesn't I believe the one that works is HL-dt-st DVD-rom
> >GDRH10n SCSI cd rom drive the other one is TSST Corp DVD+ - RW TS-H553A
> >SCSI CD ROM Dvice
> >the problum is if I put a disk in it dosent reconize the disk and ask to
> >put
> >a disk in .but trouble shooting says its working .....Any idea how to
> >correct
> >this
> > Thank you in advance

> This can be a pain, I had the same problem yesterday with a new build. I
> changed both the drive and the cable. Check the cables (power and data)
> are connected firmly, check the mainboard end of the data cable as well.
> If it's a SATA drive look very carefully at the connector - they break
> easily and then won't make a proper connection.
>
> --
> Jeff Gaines
> Damerham Hampshire UK

Bernie37