Last night I installed an update and now my speakers dont work

benn1680

Last night I installed an update and now my speakers dont work
i installed an update called IDT High Definition Audio CODEC and now it says
my speakers are not connected. I have tried to do a system restore twice to
no avail. I have also went to the gateway company support and they were no
help either.
android

Re: Last night I installed an update and now my speakers dont work
install 'proper' sound card drivers, it will fix the problem

the same thing happened to me (i have a dell) and i went to the support site
and downloaded soundcard drivers and installed them, all was well after that

as you already know, system restore doesnt affect this bizzare IDT windows
update..

"benn1680" <benn1680@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i installed an update called IDT High Definition Audio CODEC and now it
> says
> my speakers are not connected. I have tried to do a system restore twice
> no avail. I have also went to the gateway company support and they were no
> help either.

benn1680

Re: Last night I installed an update and now my speakers dont work
That fixed it. thanks so much

"android" wrote:

> install 'proper' sound card drivers, it will fix the problem
>
> the same thing happened to me (i have a dell) and i went to the support site
> and downloaded soundcard drivers and installed them, all was well after that
>
> as you already know, system restore doesnt affect this bizzare IDT windows
> update..
>
> "benn1680" <benn1680@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > i installed an update called IDT High Definition Audio CODEC and now it
> > says
> > my speakers are not connected. I have tried to do a system restore twice
> > no avail. I have also went to the gateway company support and they were no
> > help either.

jwhighdown

RE: Last night I installed an update and now my speakers dont work
HiWhat drivers are they exactly? and where did you get them from? as i have the exact problem you had. (sorry to be a pain im not very good at this)&nbsp;Many thanks Jwhighdown