Diagnosing tool for Hard Drive

JoeP

Diagnosing tool for Hard Drive
Hi All,

Anybody can recommend a Diagnosing tool for Hard Drive ?

Thanks,

Joe

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Diagnosing tool for Hard Drive
Best place to look is the website of your hard drive manufacturer,
especially if you're going to RMA it under guarantee.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"JoeP" <NoSpam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Anybody can recommend a Diagnosing tool for Hard Drive ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe

Redviper

Re: Diagnosing tool for Hard Drive

Everest supports SMART in a fairly detailed way.

--
Redviper

Q6600, DFI Lanparty P35 T2R
EVGA ACS3 8800GTX
4x1gig GSkill,Xfi EG
Antec Truepower 1000w
Liquid cooled MM U2-UFO case with all Noctua fans (1st quiet PC)
3xMemorex DL DVD burners
2x500gig SG SATA2
1x300gig SG SATA2, 2x150gig RaptorX SATA
1x500gig WD Mybook
John Barnett MVP

Re: Diagnosing tool for Hard Drive
The hard drive manufacturer usually has tools for this purpose. Seagate, for
example, have Sea tools for windows which you can download from their web
site. Western digital also have their own diagnostics.

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"JoeP" <NoSpam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Anybody can recommend a Diagnosing tool for Hard Drive ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Diagnosing tool for Hard Drive
It's a wonderful utility, unfortunately it's no longer free.
--

"Redviper" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Everest supports SMART in a fairly detailed way.
>

> --
> Redviper
>
> Q6600, DFI Lanparty P35 T2R
> EVGA ACS3 8800GTX
> 4x1gig GSkill,Xfi EG
> Antec Truepower 1000w
> Liquid cooled MM U2-UFO case with all Noctua fans (1st quiet PC)
> 3xMemorex DL DVD burners
> 2x500gig SG SATA2
> 1x300gig SG SATA2, 2x150gig RaptorX SATA
> 1x500gig WD Mybook

meny 2002

RE: Diagnosing tool for Hard Drive
Re

"JoeP" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Anybody can recommend a Diagnosing tool for Hard Drive ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe
>

> good night friend , i recomemend diagnosing tool software is HDD regenerator .

HDD regenerator can repair hard disk bab sector and repair logikal error
hard disk
this software very slow scan error. but this software his repair many hard
disk .
JoeP

Re: Diagnosing tool for Hard Drive
Hi All,

Thanks for all the answers, and maybe somebody can provide a link for a web
site that did some testing of all the 3rd party diagnostics tools.

Thanks,

Joe

Redviper

Cari \(MS-MVP\);702500 Wrote:
> It's a wonderful utility, unfortunately it's no longer free.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
> 'Welcome' (http://www.coribright.com/windows)
>
> "Redviper" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
> news:b3ae46d623516d0652d7e5ba17de5db5@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > >
> > >
> > > Everest supports SMART in a fairly detailed way.
> > >

> > > --

True, but compared to most other things in my box it isn't so bad.