reconnect blue tooth mouse

skinfox2003

reconnect blue tooth mouse
I only have one blue tooth mouse and using it for both my office laptop (XP)
and home pc (Vista).
to reconnect the mouse on xp, I just simply need to right click on the blue
tooth icon, and select reconnect the blue tooth device again.
but on the vista, it seems to me the option is not given. Everytime I have
to actually remove the mouse, and reinstall it again to get it work. Is there
any good suggestion?
Cathy Moya [MS]

Re: reconnect blue tooth mouse
On the Vista computer, try configuring it for Software-managed Bluetooth
mode:

From the Help:
Advanced Bluetooth settings

If you have a Microsoft Bluetooth transceiver, you can choose whether the
wireless connection is managed by the software or by the hardware.

Changing Advanced Bluetooth settings
Start IntelliPoint.
On the Buttons tab, make sure that the mouse you are using is selected under
Connected device.
Select the Wireless tab.
Under Bluetooth, click Advanced.

Software-managed Bluetooth mode Use this mode when you share a mouse between
multiple computers.

The software is configured automatically each time you start the computer.
You can move your mouse and the Microsoft transceiver to another computer
without installing the software or reconfiguring the device.

Hardware-managed Bluetooth mode Use this mode when you use your mouse with
one computer.

Your transceiver behaves like a standard Bluetooth radio when you start your
computer and results in no delay.

Hope that helps:

--
Cathy Moya
Microsoft Hardware User Experience

www.microsoft.com/hardware
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.

"skinfox2003" <skinfox2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I only have one blue tooth mouse and using it for both my office laptop
>(XP)
> and home pc (Vista).
> to reconnect the mouse on xp, I just simply need to right click on the
> blue
> tooth icon, and select reconnect the blue tooth device again.
> but on the vista, it seems to me the option is not given. Everytime I have
> to actually remove the mouse, and reinstall it again to get it work. Is
> there
> any good suggestion?

skinfox2003

Re: reconnect blue tooth mouse
I couldn't find the setting as you said. I only have problem with vista. I am
using logitech bluetooth mouse. can you be more specific? thanks so much!

"Cathy Moya [MS]" wrote:

> On the Vista computer, try configuring it for Software-managed Bluetooth
> mode:
>
> From the Help:
> Advanced Bluetooth settings
>

> If you have a Microsoft Bluetooth transceiver, you can choose whether the
> wireless connection is managed by the software or by the hardware.
>

> Changing Advanced Bluetooth settings
> Start IntelliPoint.
> On the Buttons tab, make sure that the mouse you are using is selected under
> Connected device.
> Select the Wireless tab.
> Under Bluetooth, click Advanced.
>

> Software-managed Bluetooth mode Use this mode when you share a mouse between
> multiple computers.
>
> The software is configured automatically each time you start the computer.
> You can move your mouse and the Microsoft transceiver to another computer
> without installing the software or reconfiguring the device.

> Hardware-managed Bluetooth mode Use this mode when you use your mouse with
> one computer.
>
> Your transceiver behaves like a standard Bluetooth radio when you start your
> computer and results in no delay.

> Hope that helps:
>
> --
> Cathy Moya
> Microsoft Hardware User Experience
>
> www.microsoft.com/hardware
> This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
>

> "skinfox2003" <skinfox2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I only have one blue tooth mouse and using it for both my office laptop
> >(XP)
> > and home pc (Vista).
> > to reconnect the mouse on xp, I just simply need to right click on the
> > blue
> > tooth icon, and select reconnect the blue tooth device again.
> > but on the vista, it seems to me the option is not given. Everytime I have
> > to actually remove the mouse, and reinstall it again to get it work. Is
> > there
> > any good suggestion?

Cathy Moya [MS]

Re: reconnect blue tooth mouse
Ah, sorry, I don't know about the Logitech settings.

--

>I couldn't find the setting as you said. I only have problem with vista. I
>am
> using logitech bluetooth mouse. can you be more specific? thanks so much!
>
> "Cathy Moya [MS]" wrote:
>
>> On the Vista computer, try configuring it for Software-managed Bluetooth
>> mode:
>>
>> From the Help:
>> Advanced Bluetooth settings
>>

>> If you have a Microsoft Bluetooth transceiver, you can choose whether
>> the
>> wireless connection is managed by the software or by the hardware.
>>

>> Changing Advanced Bluetooth settings
>> Start IntelliPoint.
>> On the Buttons tab, make sure that the mouse you are using is selected
>> under
>> Connected device.
>> Select the Wireless tab.
>> Under Bluetooth, click Advanced.
>>

>> Software-managed Bluetooth mode Use this mode when you share a mouse
>> between
>> multiple computers.
>>
>> The software is configured automatically each time you start the
>> computer.
>> You can move your mouse and the Microsoft transceiver to another computer
>> without installing the software or reconfiguring the device.

>> Hardware-managed Bluetooth mode Use this mode when you use your mouse
>> with
>> one computer.
>>
>> Your transceiver behaves like a standard Bluetooth radio when you start
>> your
>> computer and results in no delay.

>> Hope that helps:
>>
>> --
>> Cathy Moya
>> Microsoft Hardware User Experience
>>
>> www.microsoft.com/hardware
>> This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
>>

>> "skinfox2003" <skinfox2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I only have one blue tooth mouse and using it for both my office laptop
>> >(XP)
>> > and home pc (Vista).
>> > to reconnect the mouse on xp, I just simply need to right click on the
>> > blue
>> > tooth icon, and select reconnect the blue tooth device again.
>> > but on the vista, it seems to me the option is not given. Everytime I
>> > have
>> > to actually remove the mouse, and reinstall it again to get it work. Is
>> > there
>> > any good suggestion?

skinfox2003

Re: reconnect blue tooth mouse
I solved this problem by installing the Logitech bluetooth mouse driver. I am
just curious; in XP I don't need to install the driver. And everytime I just
need to go find the mouse in the bluetooth setting window and right click and
select the "connect." However, Vista seems remove this function. So without
the mouse driver, the only option is re-install the device everytime.
Vista definitely should keep this function! Mouse is mouse, I don't need to
install a driver comes with other fancy settings.