how to make calls from my pc

navybluecross

how to make calls from my pc
pls can anyone help me out with making calls from my desktop pc without using
any of the messengers or skype. i have installed a pci fax modem with both
line and phone ports but cant seem to route the calls through my pc so that i
can make and receive calls. thx in advance!!!
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: how to make calls from my pc
Regardless of what Internet calling equipment you choose, you'll need
to sign up with an Internet calling service provider. Before selecting an
Internet calling service, find out what software and calling equipment
they require. Many service providers will sell you everything you need,
including phones or headsets and some type of phone adapter or base station
that plugs into your router or computer. Ask your service provider about
compatibility before buying any Internet calling equipment. Equipment
from one service provider may not work with another calling service.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"navybluecross" wrote:

pls can anyone help me out with making calls from my desktop pc without using
any of the messengers or skype. i have installed a pci fax modem with both
line and phone ports but cant seem to route the calls through my pc so that i
can make and receive calls. thx in advance!!!
David B.

Re: how to make calls from my pc
AN internet calling service is not required when using a modem, only for
VOIP, did you read the OP?

--

----

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgamil.com> wrote in message
> Regardless of what Internet calling equipment you choose, you'll need
> to sign up with an Internet calling service provider. Before selecting an
> Internet calling service, find out what software and calling equipment
> they require. Many service providers will sell you everything you need,
> including phones or headsets and some type of phone adapter or base
> station
> that plugs into your router or computer. Ask your service provider about
> compatibility before buying any Internet calling equipment. Equipment
> from one service provider may not work with another calling service.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Desktop Experience -
> Windows Vista Enthusiast

> "navybluecross" wrote:
>
> pls can anyone help me out with making calls from my desktop pc without
> using
> any of the messengers or skype. i have installed a pci fax modem with both
> line and phone ports but cant seem to route the calls through my pc so
> that i
> can make and receive calls. thx in advance!!!

David B.

Re: how to make calls from my pc
You need to install software to do this, most modems come with some on the
install disk, if not you'll have to purchase some.

--

----

"navybluecross" <navybluecross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news70B5602-233C-47BE-B146-B03C53F3E4B5@microsoft.com...
> pls can anyone help me out with making calls from my desktop pc without
> using
> any of the messengers or skype. i have installed a pci fax modem with both
> line and phone ports but cant seem to route the calls through my pc so
> that i
> can make and receive calls. thx in advance!!!

navybluecross

Re: how to make calls from my pc
hi carey
thx so much for responding to my question. unfortunately i didnt mean to
make internet calls but local calls using my local telco. my telephone works
well when i connect it into the wall socket. however, when i remove the cable
from the back of the phone and plug it into the modem jack, i can only hear
the other party but that person cannot help me. i hope this post is more
straight to the point.
thx once again!