Canon Pixma IP6600D

Scooter

Canon Pixma IP6600D
I'm running Vista 64 on an AMD 64 Platform. I have the above printer. When I
download drivers from Canon's website they are only Intel compatible. Yes, I
have looked and re-looked and I'm sure. Canon does not support AMD 64/ Vista
64 for their Drivers (yet). I have tried to go through Device Manager, and
there is no printer listed. I have tried to Add Hardware and I get "Restart
Printer Spooler". I re-start printer spooler. Still no go.

This may seem like a basic question. The Vista Disc, when installed does not
have a repair feature like the old XP. How can I get the default printer
driver off the disk?

Thanks in advance,

Scooter
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Canon Pixma IP6600D
The Vista 64 bit driver can be found at:
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...&modelid=11864

They have no Itanium driver so the link above does lead to the AMD x64 bit
compatible drivers.
The file you want is called ip6600dvst64200ej.exe
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"Scooter" <Scooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm running Vista 64 on an AMD 64 Platform. I have the above printer. When
> download drivers from Canon's website they are only Intel compatible. Yes,
> have looked and re-looked and I'm sure. Canon does not support AMD 64/
> Vista
> 64 for their Drivers (yet). I have tried to go through Device Manager, and
> there is no printer listed. I have tried to Add Hardware and I get
> "Restart
> Printer Spooler". I re-start printer spooler. Still no go.
>
> This may seem like a basic question. The Vista Disc, when installed does
> not
> have a repair feature like the old XP. How can I get the default printer
> driver off the disk?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Scooter

Scooter

Re: Canon Pixma IP6600D
Thank you for responding, but that was the driver I downloaded that didn't
work. Even though I did try it again. When I try to print a pic from the
desktop it says there is no rpc network to print pics.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> The Vista 64 bit driver can be found at:
> http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...&modelid=11864
>
> They have no Itanium driver so the link above does lead to the AMD x64 bit
> compatible drivers.
> The file you want is called ip6600dvst64200ej.exe
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com/windows
>

> "Scooter" <Scooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm running Vista 64 on an AMD 64 Platform. I have the above printer. When
> > download drivers from Canon's website they are only Intel compatible. Yes,
> > have looked and re-looked and I'm sure. Canon does not support AMD 64/
> > Vista
> > 64 for their Drivers (yet). I have tried to go through Device Manager, and
> > there is no printer listed. I have tried to Add Hardware and I get
> > "Restart
> > Printer Spooler". I re-start printer spooler. Still no go.
> >
> > This may seem like a basic question. The Vista Disc, when installed does
> > not
> > have a repair feature like the old XP. How can I get the default printer
> > driver off the disk?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Scooter

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Canon Pixma IP6600D
Try uninstalling (correctly) and reinstalling. You do have the printer
connected locally don't you?
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm

From which application are you printing your photos?
--

> Thank you for responding, but that was the driver I downloaded that didn't
> work. Even though I did try it again. When I try to print a pic from the
> desktop it says there is no rpc network to print pics.
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> The Vista 64 bit driver can be found at:
>> http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...&modelid=11864
>>
>> They have no Itanium driver so the link above does lead to the AMD x64
>> bit
>> compatible drivers.
>> The file you want is called ip6600dvst64200ej.exe
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
>> www.coribright.com/windows
>>

>> "Scooter" <Scooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm running Vista 64 on an AMD 64 Platform. I have the above printer.
>> > When
>> > download drivers from Canon's website they are only Intel compatible.
>> > Yes,
>> > have looked and re-looked and I'm sure. Canon does not support AMD 64/
>> > Vista
>> > 64 for their Drivers (yet). I have tried to go through Device Manager,
>> > and
>> > there is no printer listed. I have tried to Add Hardware and I get
>> > "Restart
>> > Printer Spooler". I re-start printer spooler. Still no go.
>> >
>> > This may seem like a basic question. The Vista Disc, when installed
>> > does
>> > not
>> > have a repair feature like the old XP. How can I get the default
>> > printer
>> > driver off the disk?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance,
>> >
>> > Scooter

Scooter

Re: Canon Pixma IP6600D

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Try uninstalling (correctly) and reinstalling. You do have the printer
> connected locally don't you?
> http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm
>
> From which application are you printing your photos?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com/windows
>

> "Scooter" <Scooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you for responding, but that was the driver I downloaded that didn't
> > work. Even though I did try it again. When I try to print a pic from the
> > desktop it says there is no rpc network to print pics.
> >
> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> The Vista 64 bit driver can be found at:
> >> http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...&modelid=11864
> >>
> >> They have no Itanium driver so the link above does lead to the AMD x64
> >> bit
> >> compatible drivers.
> >> The file you want is called ip6600dvst64200ej.exe
> >> --
> >> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
> >> www.coribright.com/windows
> >>

> >> "Scooter" <Scooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Maybe you should re-read my original post. I have no printer to un-install. I was just asking how to get the printer driver off the Vista disc!

Jane C

Re: Canon Pixma IP6600D

>>> Maybe you should re-read my original post. I have no printer to
>>> un-install. I was just asking how to get the printer driver off the
>>> Vista disc!

Hi Scooter,

You don't get the driver off the Vista disc - all drivers are copied by
default into the Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository.

The Canon printer drivers are found here:

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\prn ca001.inf_c505b61f
NB - those last characters may be different on your installation.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP - Windows Desktop Experience